Taycan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 10,000 trouble-free miles, it is completely dead.

Drove fine yesterday and days before.

it was unlocked, but nothing worked.

Jumped 12v to the terminals behind the kickplate, enabling me to open the frunk.

Jumped 12v to the small LiIon battery (battery monitor said it was good) enabling me to disconnect the charging cable and put it in neutral. Rolled it out of the garage.

Waiting on a flatbed.

Got a major electrical failure warning on the dash.

Stay tuned!

·
Registered
21 Posts
After 10,000 trouble-free miles, it is completely dead.

Drove fine yesterday and days before.

it was unlocked, but nothing worked.

Jumped 12v to the terminals behind the kickplate, enabling me to open the frunk.

Jumped 12v to the small LiIon battery (battery monitor said it was good) enabling me to disconnect the charging cable and put it in neutral. Rolled it out of the garage.

Waiting on a flatbed.

Got a major electrical failure warning on the dash.

Stay tuned!
I think this is everyone’s nightmare. I’m sure it will be repaired, but my experience is that the technicians at Porsche are not up to speed on this new technology. I have had and still have several software issues that shake my confidence in my Taycan. But I still love it. My best to you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: The dealer told me that software updates (6 modules?) have “crashed” and that they are still working on it.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
880 Posts
Be sure to keep us posted on progress.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Further update: I told the dealer that I wasn’t in a rush to get my Taycan back. More importantly, there might be an issue with my adding an AntiGravity battery tracker to the 12v battery…..stay tuned. I was told that the system is so sensitive that I may have caused the problem with the installation. I‘ll note that the battery tracker has been installed for months with no problems until now.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
154 Posts
Further update: I told the dealer that I wasn’t in a rush to get my Taycan back. More importantly, there might be an issue with my adding an AntiGravity battery tracker to the 12v battery…..stay tuned. I was told that the system is so sensitive that I may have caused the problem with the installation. I‘ll note that the battery tracker has been installed for months with no problems until now.
what is an anti gravity battery tracker? what is it's purpose?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It’s a Bluetooth voltage monitor. It’s used to make sure that the 12v battery is working properly.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
880 Posts
It’s a Bluetooth voltage monitor. It’s used to make sure that the 12v battery is working properly.
I've never heard of that before. Are they saying that you caused the problem and will that cause a problem with the warranty?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've never heard of that before. Are they saying that you caused the problem and will that cause a problem with the warranty?
No…they asked if I had installed the device and that it could have played a role in the problem in that the electrical system is very sensitive. If attaching a benign voltage monitor has anything to do with it, I’ll be very surprised.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
880 Posts
Very strange

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My Taycan is back…all fixed. Software problem. The write-up mentioned that the accessories I had plugged into the 12v socket may have prevented the car from ”going to sleep” and interfered with the 12v battery. All repairs covered by the warranty.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
880 Posts
My Taycan is back…all fixed. Software problem. The write-up mentioned that the accessories I had plugged into the 12v socket may have prevented the car from ”going to sleep” and interfered with the 12v battery. All repairs covered by the warranty.
So are you going to stop using the accessories?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So are you going to stop using the accessories?
No. If there are accessory outlets, it must be OK to use them. From what I’ve read, they remain powered for only 30 minutes after the car is turned off. They draw so little current, they can’t possibly drain the 12v battery. My battery monitor reported 13v+ throughout the ordeal, so I don’t think my accessories caused any harm.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
880 Posts
Seems that way to me as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it sounds totally unnecessary.
It is. Not a necessity at all.

However, given the complexities of a 12v battery failure, I want to know if the battery is not being charged or if it is failing to hold a charge…before it goes flat. I monitor it once a day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts