Taycan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll say right off the bat that this is most likely vaporware because it seems way too good to be true. But hey, you never know.

Chinese car-maker Xpeng Motors has now launched P7 electric sports sedan, their response to the Taycan. They claim the car has a range of 706 km (438.6 miles) which would be a world record.

Billed as a “super-long range, high-performance, fast-charging intelligent EV sports sedan”, the Xpeng P7 is now available to order in China, where pricing starts from RMB 229,900 ($US32,462 or $A54,999) post-subsidies.

The P7 will be available in eight configurations across three versions: 4WD High Performance, RWD Super Long Range and RWD Long Range (568km).

Despite the COVID-19 pandemic Xpeng says first deliveries will take place in China by the end of June. However, so far there is no news of a right-hand drive version for export.

·
Registered
659 Posts
The Xpeng P7 is already a dangerous rival to the Model 3 in China.

What this means for the Taycan is hard to say but I think regardless of what Xpeng model will come closest, Porsche still has an edge. One, because of everything that comes with a Porsche. The other is scalability from VW Group to make the Taycan even stronger.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Xpeng P7 is already a dangerous rival to the Model 3 in China.

What this means for the Taycan is hard to say but I think regardless of what Xpeng model will come closest, Porsche still has an edge. One, because of everything that comes with a Porsche. The other is scalability from VW Group to make the Taycan even stronger.
I wonder if that is part of the reason (aside from the tax incentives) that Tesla has reduced their prices in China.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I wonder if that is part of the reason (aside from the tax incentives) that Tesla has reduced their prices in China.

That and possibly the Polestar 2. Expect Tesla to do similar things as Polestar ramps up in China.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That and possibly the Polestar 2. Expect Tesla to do similar things as Polestar ramps up in China.

I didn't realize that Polestar is making this kind of a push, I wonder how much of a market share they can take away from Tesla.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts