Taycan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a lot of questions and discussion about wireless CarPlay on the Taycan. I found this article in an Apple forum on the topic. While it discusses the wireless CarPlay feature on a new Macan, it also implies that this feature will be available on most new Porsche's in 2020.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Apple CarPlay currently tethered only using USB(c). I understand wireless available in future using OTA update. Apple Music available now native to the PCM.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dealership representative said that it is wireless now and the article I attached has this quote in it: "Wired CarPlay is available across the Porsche lineup, and the company is working on rolling out wireless CarPlay on a number of its models as the infotainment systems get refreshed, and for the 2020 model year, the Macan, Taycan Turbo/Turbo S, and all 911 Carrera variants will offer wireless CarPlay."

Where are you getting your information?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I can tell you it it NOT wireless on the Taycan right now. But I can also tell you customer care has said the same thing, that it will be enabled in an OTA update, maybe mid year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m
My dealership representative said that it is wireless now and the article I attached has this quote in it: "Wired CarPlay is available across the Porsche lineup, and the company is working on rolling out wireless CarPlay on a number of its models as the infotainment systems get refreshed, and for the 2020 model year, the Macan, Taycan Turbo/Turbo S, and all 911 Carrera variants will offer wireless CarPlay."

Where are you getting your information?
I’m a Porsche Certified Brand Ambassador. I jumped in our Turbo and tested it.
6B4E16DF-A932-4E63-974F-93AB510D25C9.png

·
Registered
142 Posts
So strangely when I took my Taycan in for a service and was given a Macan it supported wireless CarPlay. I had assumed wireless CarPlay was new to Porsche and that is why the Taycan did not support it yet. Now I am simply confused, it is in an entry level SUV yet one of the range topping vehicles hadn’t quite manage to get it implemented? Its the same technology and PCM.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So strangely when I took my Taycan in for a service and was given a Macan it supported wireless CarPlay. I had assumed wireless CarPlay was new to Porsche and that is why the Taycan did not support it yet. Now I am simply confused, it is in an entry level SUV yet one of the range topping vehicles hadn’t quite manage to get it implemented? Its the same technology and PCM.
I took delivery of my Taycan Turbo in early April. Wireless CarPlay is not functional. Of course you can play your Apple Music playlists or Pandora or any other source of music just through the Bluetooth connectivity, but the actual functioning of Apple CarPlay, with its onscreen PCM interface only works when you connect it with the USB-C cable in the car's console. Very disappointing!

·
Super Moderator
700 Posts
Apple CarPlay currently tethered only using USB(c). I understand wireless available in future using OTA update. Apple Music available now native to the PCM.
Any idea when in the future it might be available? This year?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any idea when in the future it might be available? This year?
I was told it will be added by software uppdate later this year. The hardware is there but the software isn’t working good enough. Since Taycan has the new PCM they cannot use the old implementation used in the older cars that have it already.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is disappointing that the built in Apple Music feature has only worked for about a week (and poorly at that) in my Taycan since delivery. i ended up phoning Porsche Canada and they told me the servers have been down and many of the features are not available.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It is disappointing that the built in Apple Music feature has only worked for about a week (and poorly at that) in my Taycan since delivery. i ended up phoning Porsche Canada and they told me the servers have been down and many of the features are not available.
That’s not good at all. I surely hope they get his all working ASAP before I take deliveryin the next or so and head out across Canada next month.

·
Registered
28 Posts
think twice before you have a long trip...i and two other onwers in the forum reported a sudden death of 12v battery...i would not take a long trip if i were you... now my car is sitting with dealer for two weeks on the battery to shipped...if would not be fun to wait in the middle of nowhere on battery and tow it cross Canada back home...

·
Registered
16 Posts
think twice before you have a long trip...i and two other onwers in the forum reported a sudden death of 12v battery...i would not take a long trip if i were you... now my car is sitting with dealer for two weeks on the battery to shipped...if would not be fun to wait in the middle of nowhere on battery and tow it cross Canada back home...
Yikes! I don’t have much choice as my son has to get to university and with Covid flying is just too dangerous for me. I’ll discuss this concern with the dealer. Has this problem plagued the Turbo model?

·
Super Moderator
700 Posts
Yikes! I don’t have much choice as my son has to get to university and with Covid flying is just too dangerous for me. I’ll discuss this concern with the dealer. Has this problem plagued the Turbo model?
Let us know what your dealer says please. I wonder if Porsche has a service bulletin for this issue or if it's just a fluke on the two models here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Let us know what your dealer says please. I wonder if Porsche has a service bulletin for this issue or if it's just a fluke on the two models here.
“Brian” my local service manager said that 2 Taycans at Langley have had this sand issue. He went on to tell me that the issue only occurs in a certain vin range. Porsche has corrected the 12V issue at manufacturing. There are a number software updates that service will do before any new cars before they are delivered. So we’ll see if this covers these issues.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got the dead Taycan back...here is the verdict: it is due to a software glitch...technical dept has instructed local dealer on how to update the system so the new 12v battery will not have the same issue. It is driven as usual on the way back home and I will let you guys know if anything comes up again.

it is still a fun car regardless but need to have a plan B before a long trip so the worst case scenario will not be a surprise...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just got the dead Taycan back...here is the verdict: it is due to a software glitch...technical dept has instructed local dealer on how to update the system so the new 12v battery will not have the same issue. It is driven as usual on the way back home and I will let you guys know if anything comes up again.

it is still a fun car regardless but need to have a plan B before a long trip so the worst case scenario will not be a surprise...
When was your car manufactured?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ask my service manger about your issue. He said he’s had two similar to yours but the route cause has been corrected in manufacturing much to relief... my is much later build then your car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
that is a relief...my service manager did not give me a clear indication of possibilities of recurring...just said they updated under the instruction from German tech team...i have driven it about four time (50 mils in total i think) in the past two weeks...and it has been good...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts