Porsche Taycan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a lot of questions and discussion about wireless CarPlay on the Taycan. I found this article in an Apple forum on the topic. While it discusses the wireless CarPlay feature on a new Macan, it also implies that this feature will be available on most new Porsche's in 2020.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Apple CarPlay currently tethered only using USB(c). I understand wireless available in future using OTA update. Apple Music available now native to the PCM.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dealership representative said that it is wireless now and the article I attached has this quote in it: "Wired CarPlay is available across the Porsche lineup, and the company is working on rolling out wireless CarPlay on a number of its models as the infotainment systems get refreshed, and for the 2020 model year, the Macan, Taycan Turbo/Turbo S, and all 911 Carrera variants will offer wireless CarPlay."

Where are you getting your information?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I can tell you it it NOT wireless on the Taycan right now. But I can also tell you customer care has said the same thing, that it will be enabled in an OTA update, maybe mid year.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’m
My dealership representative said that it is wireless now and the article I attached has this quote in it: "Wired CarPlay is available across the Porsche lineup, and the company is working on rolling out wireless CarPlay on a number of its models as the infotainment systems get refreshed, and for the 2020 model year, the Macan, Taycan Turbo/Turbo S, and all 911 Carrera variants will offer wireless CarPlay."

Where are you getting your information?
I’m a Porsche Certified Brand Ambassador. I jumped in our Turbo and tested it.
6B4E16DF-A932-4E63-974F-93AB510D25C9.png

1 - 5 of 5 Posts