Taycan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 Turbo owner here...I was at my dealer in Northern California earlier this week and asked (again) if Porsche plans on releasing a software update for 2020 Taycan owners to enable wireless Apple CarPlay. Their expert Taycan salesman said that he would investigate and get back to me. To my surprise, he called me a few days later and confirmed that Porsche said around the end of March/beginning of April dealers will be be able to update the car's software to make CarPlay wireless (won't be OTA...has to be done at the dealer). I'm not sure if anyone else has heard the same (or conflicting news) but thought I would share.

· Registered
105 Posts
2020 Turbo owner here...I was at my dealer in Northern California earlier this week and asked (again) if Porsche plans on releasing a software update for 2020 Taycan owners to enable wireless Apple CarPlay. Their expert Taycan salesman said that he would investigate and get back to me. To my surprise, he called me a few days later and confirmed that Porsche said around the end of March/beginning of April dealers will be be able to update the car's software to make CarPlay wireless (won't be OTA...has to be done at the dealer). I'm not sure if anyone else has heard the same (or conflicting news) but thought I would share.
Similarly, my dealer intimated that an update/service could be in the offing.

· Registered
1 Posts
I heard that it is expected in about two weeks, a large update that will take 8 hours at the dealership, requires 4 stages.. should bring Wireless CarPlay, Charging Updates, and hopefully fix or improve the cellular amplifier for all 2020 Taycan but will probably wipe all your personalization settings which will have to be reprogrammed manually.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard that it is expected in about two weeks, a large update that will take 8 hours at the dealership, requires 4 stages.. should bring Wireless CarPlay, Charging Updates, and hopefully fix or improve the cellular amplifier for all 2020 Taycan but will probably wipe all your personalization settings which will have to be reprogrammed manually.
I’ll deal with the re-personalization for wireless CarPlay. I traded in a 2020 C4S (CarPlay is wireless) for my Taycan and was shocked that CarPlay required my phone to be plugged in

· Registered
1 Posts
The whole cable business is a pain. I bought it the first time this article wI bought it the first time this article was published. Since then, I’ve had a love and hate relationship with this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.