Taycan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have to admit I can't enjoy this car with my wife with me in the car? Every time I try to speed a little, she starts to scream and drive me nuts. Seriously, am I the online or any one along with me dealing with these panic attacks from wife's?

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
138 Posts
I have to admit I can't enjoy this car with my wife with me in the car? Every time I try to speed a little, she starts to scream and drive me nuts. Seriously, am I the online or any one along with me dealing with these panic attacks from wife's?
consider ditching the wife.
fwiw: years ago when I drove a 911 my wife hated being a passenger. the fix was to either use a different car when she had to come along

·
Registered
16 Posts
🤨 Seriously? Scream? UGH! Some women! 🙄
I remember the first time I rode in a Porsche, a Cayman S. It was on a date with a guy, and all I could think about the whole time was "Seriously!? This is not impressing me dude." I wanted to kick him out from behind the wheel and show him what his car really could do. (Note guys: want to really impress a woman? Give her the keys to your Porsche. 🥰)
That said, the whole depth perception and sense of speed is way different in the passenger seat than it is behind the wheel where you have all of the feedback from the car. Perhaps, the way to "break" her is by getting her behind the wheel and making her punch it. 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ha. I had a C4S years ago that had a 'track' suspension - RS sway bars, RS tower brace, Bilstein PSS9's. My wife used to describe the ride a lumpy.................she would ride in it but much preferred a gentler ride. Most recently we exited/entered one highway (Taycan 4S) to another at let's say 'speed'. I know that the wifey is nervous when I see the right hand slowly reach to the grab bar in the door................she does not say anything but sits up pretty straight and holds on. :oops:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts