Taycan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frank-Steffen Walliser, vice president of the 911 and 718 models continued to reinforce Porsche's disinterest in making a fully electric 911.

“That’s one of the most important questions at the moment – Can I imagine an electric 911? No, not really,” Walliser said. “I think six cylinders, the specific layout of the car, its sound that is part of the 911. Everything is a really, really an integral part of the whole 911 story.”

However, it didn’t rule out some electrical assistance in future 911 models.

“We can do an electric sports car, but I do not intend on making an electric 911,” Walliser explained. “A hybrid might be possible, but it should be a hybrid that fits the character of a 911.”

By that he clarified he meant a conventional or mild hybrid system, rather than a heavier and more elaborate plug-in hybrid that he believes would add too much weight and complexity to ensure the 911 remained a truly dynamic sports car.

Walliser added: “For enthusiasts, this has to be emotional. Hearing something, feeling, tasting, is important. The more you can touch all of those emotions, the better it will be to drive.”

https://www.speedcafe.com/torquecafe/why-porsche-wont-build-an-electric-911/?

·
Registered
44 Posts
He’s spot on. Feeling the engine of a Air Cooled 911 and even the current generation is amazing or the engine note of a Ferrari. The Taycan is an amazing car but quite a different experience. I want my 911 to be a 911 not a 2 seat Taycan

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He’s spot on. Feeling the engine of a Air Cooled 911 and even the current generation is amazing or the engine note of a Ferrari. The Taycan is an amazing car but quite a different experience. I want my 911 to be a 911 not a 2 seat Taycan
You nailed it. the 911 is a driving experience completely separate from other cars. as far as a 911 hybrid goes my guess is it'll be a mild one like the article suggests.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Interesting comparision

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting comparision
I didn't expect them to give the Taycan such a positive review. I thought for sure they'd be all in on the 911.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a 911 and a Taycan Turbo and it’s a bit like comparing apple to oranges. I’ve not ran across one person who said the Taycan was anything short of amazing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts