Taycan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I welcome any and all advice, counsel, and opinions! My wife’s ‘22 CT4 will require 2 sets of rims. One set for summer, and one set for winter. We are in Vermont, with gravel roads, lotsa snow, and even a ‘mud season’ in the Spring. We have two sets of wheels and tires for all other vehicles as well, except the Vette, that doesn’t move in the winter. All season tires don’t work that well here in winter. Serious snow tires are required, as is AWD or 4WD, ideally with rear diff lock. My thought is, for the CT4, I’ll have the car shipped with some basic wheels, that will become the snow tire wheels. I’ll order some really nice 3rd party wheels for the summer season - maybe 19’s or 20’s - which are likely to be clad with ‘all-season’ tires - for the late Spring nasty weather, heavy rains, and the for-certain early snows in Oct/Nov that melt away. Given my wife’s limited driving, tires last 10 years on her cars. It is garaged and not in sunlight much, thank goodness (for the tire’s sake).

Any comments on best, reliable 3rd party wheel suppliers with good selections for Porsche Taycan wheels? Are the wheel bolt patterns for Macans, Panamera’s and other Porsches the same as for Taycan’s? I’ve noticed at just a couple wheel suppliers that I clicked-on that they didn’t list Taycans at all! Should I be sticking with Porsche wheels for piece-of-mind and vehicle warranty concerns?

Thanks in advance for any advice, opinions, and help provided. - garydotka

·
Registered
220 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts