Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering the RWD Taycan which just came out in Hong Kong.

The RWD base car starts at £116k because Hong Kong adds tax to cars so we are used to paying more. The issue is that there is a 100% tax for every option , which makes choosing an option more difficult as it raises the price quickly.

The main purpose of the car will be daily drive in the city, and Hong Kong roads are pretty good and smooth. There is a lot of traffic. I am not concerned about range as it is a small city and I will have home charging. There are also a lot of EV chargers here.

The options which I feel are a must are the

Bose sound system
4+1 seats
14 Way Electric Seat with Memory
Ambient lighting
Storage
Surround Parking Assist
Passenger Display
Electric side mirrors

However, there are some "other" options which i'm not sure of and considering whether to get or not as they quickly raise the price :

Color : Standard White. Change to Volcano Grey + US $2500 / £2100

Leather : Is upgrading the full leather worthwhile - does it dramatically improve the interior and luxury of the car, or not so much? A nice cabin is important to me, but only if it is much nicer. Adding Full Leather interior or Race Tex Vegan leather + US $10,000 / £7800

Chrono : Is Sports Chrono a must ? Ive read that it is necessary to make it a real porche . Cost is US $2500/ £2100

PASM Air Suspension : is this only useful for dodging speed bumps and fast driving, or does it greatly improve the comfort of the ride (eg less bumpy on roads)
Cost is US $5200/ £4000

RWS : Rear Wheel Steering + US $4500 / £2000

Adaptive Cruise Control : it seems this is a must but wanted to know your thoughts. Cost to add is US $4000/ £3200

Aero 20" Wheels : US $5000 / £4000

Porsche Electric sound : Cost to add US $500 / £400

If I get all the above options, the car will end up costing about $210,000 / £165,000. I'd like to keep it down to $150000 (£140,000).

The build with all the options can be found here : The Porsche Code

• I feel the full leather, PASM, and Adaptive cruise control are important. Are they?
  • Would you add the Chrono for $2500 (£2100) or skip it?
  • Is the Rear Axel Steering a must have ?

Side note : Performance battery is an extra US $12000, but really not necessary in Hong Kong where every parking space has an EV charger

I was considering the 4s, but the Taycan 4S starts at $220,000 here, and adding even just the most basic options would quickly be US $250,000 or so.

Can anyone comment on what they feel are the most important / must have options for a RWD Taycan for a City Car ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Take out all driving dynamics things for HK.
Also passenger screen and souround parking not needed. Normal parking assist or cameras are enough.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am considering the RWD Taycan which just came out in Hong Kong.

The RWD base car starts at £116k because Hong Kong adds tax to cars so we are used to paying more. The issue is that there is a 100% tax for every option , which makes choosing an option more difficult as it raises the price quickly.

The main purpose of the car will be daily drive in the city, and Hong Kong roads are pretty good and smooth. There is a lot of traffic. I am not concerned about range as it is a small city and I will have home charging. There are also a lot of EV chargers here.

The options which I feel are a must are the

Bose sound system
4+1 seats
14 Way Electric Seat with Memory
Ambient lighting
Storage
Surround Parking Assist
Passenger Display
Electric side mirrors

However, there are some "other" options which i'm not sure of and considering whether to get or not as they quickly raise the price :

Color : Standard White. Change to Volcano Grey + US $2500 / £2100

Leather : Is upgrading the full leather worthwhile - does it dramatically improve the interior and luxury of the car, or not so much? A nice cabin is important to me, but only if it is much nicer. Adding Full Leather interior or Race Tex Vegan leather + US $10,000 / £7800

Chrono : Is Sports Chrono a must ? Ive read that it is necessary to make it a real porche . Cost is US $2500/ £2100

PASM Air Suspension : is this only useful for dodging speed bumps and fast driving, or does it greatly improve the comfort of the ride (eg less bumpy on roads)
Cost is US $5200/ £4000

RWS : Rear Wheel Steering + US $4500 / £2000

Adaptive Cruise Control : it seems this is a must but wanted to know your thoughts. Cost to add is US $4000/ £3200

Aero 20" Wheels : US $5000 / £4000

Porsche Electric sound : Cost to add US $500 / £400

If I get all the above options, the car will end up costing about $210,000 / £165,000. I'd like to keep it down to $150000 (£140,000).

The build with all the options can be found here : The Porsche Code

• I feel the full leather, PASM, and Adaptive cruise control are important. Are they?
  • Would you add the Chrono for $2500 (£2100) or skip it?
  • Is the Rear Axel Steering a must have ?

Side note : Performance battery is an extra US $12000, but really not necessary in Hong Kong where every parking space has an EV charger

I was considering the 4s, but the Taycan 4S starts at $220,000 here, and adding even just the most basic options would quickly be US $250,000 or so.

Can anyone comment on what they feel are the most important / must have options for a RWD Taycan for a City Car ?

Thanks!
My brother-in-law has lived in HK for 30 years, and he says speeding is not the norm. I can't imagine driving my 4S at HK speed limits. I love the adaptive cruise control. The base wheels and tires are fine, as is the sound system. We had to get the pano roof at the time we ordered, but I like it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have to say I like the electric sound–but not necessary obviously;
good to excite or confuse bypassers. Children get excited, too ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts