Taycan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gotten a warning message that reads Emergency Service Required? I've owned my Taycan 4S for three months with just under 3,000 miles and this has happened twice. Each time I simply hit the back button and the message disappears. Nothing else ever happens. I'm wondering if it's just an anomaly. I happened to be at my dealer today to pick up an order and I asked my Service Advisor if anyone has ever reported a similar occurrence and he said no but he would be happy to set up an appointment to run a diagnostics. I told him I would wait to see if it happens again. Just wondering if I'm the only one who a gotten this warning.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have not - It seems crazy that they cannot run remote diagnostics, they have remote access to the car so why not?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know the answer to your question but sure wish they could. Making service appointments is a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yup I agree... It would save Porsche a lot of money if they did not have to bring in a car for something that can be solved/diagnosed remotely.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m hoping the warning does not appear again so I don’t have to bring my car to the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone gotten a warning message that reads Emergency Service Required? I've owned my Taycan 4S for three months with just under 3,000 miles and this has happened twice. Each time I simply hit the back button and the message disappears. Nothing else ever happens. I'm wondering if it's just an anomaly. I happened to be at my dealer today to pick up an order and I asked my Service Advisor if anyone has ever reported a similar occurrence and he said no but he would be happy to set up an appointment to run a diagnostics. I told him I would wait to see if it happens again. Just wondering if I'm the only one who a gotten this warning.
Yes, I have gotten the message on my 2021 Taycan. I had only 200 miles on it, having taken delivery July 29th after I thought all the issues surrounding the battery, the sensors, and updates had been resolved after the NHTSA safety recall. Several others have reported getting the message, with their Taycan's going "brick" after about 7 minutes. I was close to my dealership and was able to (barely) make it in just as all of the instrumentation was going dark. After three weeks of the car sitting at at the dealership while they ran numerous tests and the dealership waiting for a fix/response from Porsche I went ahead and picked the car up - they have kept the service ticket open, and if and when they hear back from Porsche with a recommended fix I am to take the car back in.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So if I understand what you are saying is you did have the message issue but your Taycan did not turn into a brick. How many times has the message popped up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
So if I understand what you are saying is you did have the message issue but your Taycan did not turn into a brick. How many times has the message popped up?
The message only came up once, as I had driven the car only a few times having taken delivery July 29, 2021. For me, the car did not turn into a brick immediately. I was not on the highway and being close to the dealership I was able to take secondary streets to the dealership in under the seven minutes others have indicated it has taken theirs to brick. By the time I reached the dealership the center console had gone dark, the AC had stopped, and instrumentation lighting was dimming.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That interesting. When mine came up I simply hit the back button and it went away. No other issues occurred with my 4S after that warning notice. It has functioned flawlessly. Was your Taycan part of the recall? Mine was not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My VIN number did fall within the range of the recall, but they could not have sold the car unless the new software was installed. Since I purchased the car a month after the recall my presumption is that all the issues, including the previously one of the struts, had been addressed and resolved.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My VIN number did fall within the range of the recall, but they could not have sold the car unless the new software was installed. Since I purchased the car a month after the recall my presumption is that all the issues, including the previously one of the struts, had been addressed and resolved.
When did you purchase your Taycan and what was the build date?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts