Taycan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Taycan finished production today and it is getting ready for transportation. Does anyone know when would the VIN number become available?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did you get your Track Your Dream email? You can see it when you login on Porsche.com and on phase 3 just above the TYD radio button. See attached.
Map Screenshot Font Rectangle Urban design

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
View attachment 3545
Here you go. Wish my vehicle was on its way. It is sitting in the port 3 hours from me waiting on the TPM.
Interesting. Well, my Taycan when I look on "Track my Dream" I see that it was scheduled to be on the vessel (Siem Cicero) on 9/10 but "track my dream" is not updated since it still reflecting "arrival to Endem Port". However I tracked the vessel (Siem Cicero) and it already left the port 22 hours ago to Baltimore. Apparently they do not update the website over the weekend.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Interesting. Well, my Taycan when I look on "Track my Dream" I see that it was scheduled to be on the vessel (Siem Cicero) on 9/10 but "track my dream" is not updated since it still reflecting "arrival to Endem Port". However I tracked the vessel (Siem Cicero) and it already left the port 22 hours ago to Baltimore. Apparently they do not update the website over the weekend.
My Track Your Dream showed its arrival to Emden Port. It was there a while and then said "On Vessel" and below that showed the name of the ship.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My Track Your Dream showed its arrival to Emden Port. It was there a while and then said "On Vessel" and below that showed the name of the ship.
So, your Taycan is already on the vessel on its way to you, right? Mine left 22 hours ago in the Siem Cicero ship but in track my dream this is not reflected yet. You know you can also track your ship as it crosses the Atlantic, don't you?

·
Registered
26 Posts
So, your Taycan is already on the vessel on its way to you, right? Mine left 22 hours ago in the Siem Cicero ship but in track my dream this is not reflected yet. You know you can also track your ship as it crosses the Atlantic, don't you?
My Vessel left Emden weeks ago. It arrived at the port of Jacksonville, FL on 8/14/2021. It was to reach my dealer 8/20/2021. That week, the delivery date changed to 9/24/2021 and the car has been sitting in the port ever since. My salesman sent me a screen shot of their internal system. 4 items are missing, but only one requires the hold, the TPM (Tire Pressure Monitor system). I hope the part arrives soon.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Vessel left Emden weeks ago. It arrived at the port of Jacksonville, FL on 8/14/2021. It was to reach my dealer 8/20/2021. That week, the delivery date changed to 9/24/2021 and the car has been sitting in the port ever since. My salesman sent me a screen shot of their internal system. 4 items are missing, but only one requires the hold, the TPM (Tire Pressure Monitor system). I hope the part arrives soon.
Wow!! That is really interesting. I thought cars are supposed to arrive in a complete fashion. Did they forget to add that part in the factory? What a mess. Well, I hope you can get your car soon and enjoy it. So, based on what you said, the line #4 in the timeline is basically when the car is ready for delivery.???

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow!! That is really interesting. I thought cars are supposed to arrive in a complete fashion. Did they forget to add that part in the factory? What a mess. Well, I hope you can get your car soon and enjoy it. So, based on what you said, the line #4 in the timeline is basically when the car is ready for delivery.???
You might want to google the semiconductor chip shortage. All car manufactures are having delays due to the lack of supply of the chips. They build the cars and then air freight the missing parts to the ports (and in some cases the dealers) to retrofit.

Your car is probably missing them as well so be prepared for a delay in delivery.

Common missing items are:

1. TPM (Tire Pressure Monitor System) in the US this is required to be on the car to be sold.
2. Sun Sensor (leaves a hole in the dash, so this prevents sale.
3. Only 1 key instead of 2. They will get you the second key later.
4. Phone Charger (can be retrofitted later)
5. Steering Column coming with manual adjustment (powered will be retrofitted by the dealer when it arrives).

Mine is missing all but #2.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You might want to google the semiconductor chip shortage. All car manufactures are having delays due to the lack of supply of the chips. They build the cars and then air freight the missing parts to the ports (and in some cases the dealers) to retrofit.

Your car is probably missing them as well so be prepared for a delay in delivery.

Common missing items are:

1. TPM (Tire Pressure Monitor System) in the US this is required to be on the car to be sold.
2. Sun Sensor (leaves a hole in the dash, so this prevents sale.
3. Only 1 key instead of 2. They will get you the second key later.
4. Phone Charger (can be retrofitted later)
5. Steering Column coming with manual adjustment (powered will be retrofitted by the dealer when it arrives).

Mine is missing all but #2.
Very useful info. When did you learn about these missing parts? Did they tell you from the factory? Or you find out with your dealer? Probably mine is also missing those. Who knows.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Very useful info. When did you learn about these missing parts? Did they tell you from the factory? Or you find out with your dealer? Probably mine is also missing those. Who knows.
Had my salesman pull the report on my car from the internal Porsche System. I am not sure when they get that information. Maybe wait until yours hits the port and then have him pull it.

You ever check out Taycanforums.com? There are some threads on the delivery delays there with more information.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had my salesman pull the report on my car from the internal Porsche System. I am not sure when they get that information. Maybe wait until yours hits the port and then have him pull it.

You ever check out Taycanforums.com? There are some threads on the delivery delays there with more information.
I will make sure my salesman does the same thing once my car hits the port to see. My car started production on July 30th and finished Sept 3rd. Issue that may also affected your Taycan is the summer vacation in Germany from August 5 to 25th. Just guessing. I will check in those forums to see. Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Any new update in your Taycan? Still in the port? I hope you can drive it soon....

·
Registered
26 Posts
No change. Been this way since 8/16. TYD says delivery to dealer 9/24, but I am not holding my breath.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No change. Been this way since 8/16. TYD says delivery to dealer 9/24, but I am not holding my breath.
Definitely frustrating. I asked my salesman about mine and he said he will know as soon as it hits the port like what happened to you. Let’s see. Hopefully yours is out soon!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts