Taycan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those interested to know when your Taycan will be loaded in a ship I recommend this link (Aktuelle Aufenthalte von Schiffen in niedersächsischen Häfen).
My Taycan has been in Emden port since 9/8 and it missed a vessel by 1 day (Siem Cicero) but using this link I can see there is another vessel (Bishu Highway) that arrived to the Emden port on 9/13 from Davisville and it is scheduled for departure to Baltimore on 9/18. I hope my Taycan is coming in that one🤞.

The website is in German but if you do a search in the page (Crt+F or Command+F) and you type the name of the US port you will find the vessel. The second column from left to right is the arrival/departure day and time, the third column is the name of the ship and the fifth column is the destination port.

I hope this help those desperate like me.

·
Registered
160 Posts
For those interested to know when your Taycan will be loaded in a ship I recommend this link (Aktuelle Aufenthalte von Schiffen in niedersächsischen Häfen).
My Taycan has been in Emden port since 9/8 and it missed a vessel by 1 day (Siem Cicero) but using this link I can see there is another vessel (Bishu Highway) that arrived to the Emden port on 9/13 from Davisville and it is scheduled for departure to Baltimore on 9/18. I hope my Taycan is coming in that one🤞.

The website is in German but if you do a search in the page (Crt+F or Command+F) and you type the name of the US port you will find the vessel. The second column from left to right is the arrival/departure day and time, the third column is the name of the ship and the fifth column is the destination port.

I don’t feel quite desperate, but certainly looking forward to the conclusion of this long wait! … and maybe anxiously checking too often. ;) My car is at Emden port and estimated to get on a ship 23 days after arriving there. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don’t feel quite desperate, but certainly looking forward to the conclusion of this long wait! … and maybe anxiously checking too often. ;) My car is at Emden port and estimated to get on a ship 23 days after arriving there. Thanks for the link.
Hi David, if in the search bar (Hafen) you select Emden it will show you only the ships from there. I only see one coming to US on 9/18 (Bishu Highway). In track my dream my Taycan is supposed to get in a vessel on 10/1, but hopefully this is the one.

·
Registered
9 Posts

I think I read somewhere that the Porsche Audi Volkswagen group signed exclusively with the Siem group for cross Atlantic shipping. I know the Siem Aristotle is scheduled to dock at Emden this Sunday (from dropping off my 911 last month :) ). I have used marinetraffic.com in the past to track cars coming over which works for tracking of this ship while it is in contact of shore repeaters (you have to pay for satellite updates or deeper analytics).

Good luck. Happy for you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I read somewhere that the Porsche Audi Volkswagen group signed exclusively with the Siem group for cross Atlantic shipping. I know the Siem Aristotle is scheduled to dock at Emden this Sunday (from dropping off my 911 last month :) ). I have used marinetraffic.com in the past to track cars coming over which works for tracking of this ship while it is in contact of shore repeaters (you have to pay for satellite updates or deeper analytics).

Good luck. Happy for you.
Wow!!! you should be so happy!! Good for you. I am now more confident that you are totally correct. Initially the Bishu Highway was scheduled to leave Endem today with destination to Baltimore but it all changed and it is now going to Halifax in Canada. As you mentioned, Siem Aristotle is scheduled to arrived this Sunday so I am expecting my Taycan to be hopefully coming in that ship. Based on your experience, how long does it usually stay in Endem for loading before returning to the USA? Thanks for your very useful comment(y)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Wow!!! you should be so happy!! Good for you. I am now more confident that you are totally correct. Initially the Bishu Highway was scheduled to leave Endem today with destination to Baltimore but it all changed and it is now going to Halifax in Canada. As you mentioned, Siem Aristotle is scheduled to arrived this Sunday so I am expecting my Taycan to be hopefully coming in that ship. Based on your experience, how long does it usually stay in Endem for loading before returning to the USA? Thanks for your very useful comment(y)
I wish I hadn't deleted all the e-mails I got from Marinetraffic during the sailing - those emails held the time history. As I recall, the voyage went from Emden to South Hampton England to Halifax Nova Scotia to (somewhere Maine) to New Jersey to Jacksonville Fl to Veracruz Mexico and back to Emden. When I looked at previous history (before my car shipped), I noticed the ship usually stayed at Emden for three days. In my case it was at Emden for over a week (my working theory is that with Porsche in more of a control situation with Siem, they waited for the full load they needed). Again from memory, Atlantic crossing was about 10 days. It was held up at Halifax for about 3 days. Two days to Maine and ?? to Jersey ....

I now wish I had kept all that history. The good news your car is around the corner and from personal experience, you are just going to get more excited as you watch the ship bumping along its route. The info then goes a little dark (when it's on the rails (at least it did for me - the 8 days from Halifax to rail yard in Toronto). Wish I could give you more info. It is fun to follow the ship.

BTW, your salesperson should know the ship your car is on (perhaps assigned to).

Excited for you!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish I hadn't deleted all the e-mails I got from Marinetraffic during the sailing - those emails held the time history. As I recall, the voyage went from Emden to South Hampton England to Halifax Nova Scotia to (somewhere Maine) to New Jersey to Jacksonville Fl to Veracruz Mexico and back to Emden. When I looked at previous history (before my car shipped), I noticed the ship usually stayed at Emden for three days. In my case it was at Emden for over a week (my working theory is that with Porsche in more of a control situation with Siem, they waited for the full load they needed). Again from memory, Atlantic crossing was about 10 days. It was held up at Halifax for about 3 days. Two days to Maine and ?? to Jersey ....

I now wish I had kept all that history. The good news your car is around the corner and from personal experience, you are just going to get more excited as you watch the ship bumping along its route. The info then goes a little dark (when it's on the rails (at least it did for me - the 8 days from Halifax to rail yard in Toronto). Wish I could give you more info. It is fun to follow the ship.

BTW, your salesperson should know the ship your car is on (perhaps assigned to).

Excited for you!!!
Thank you very much for your extensive explanation. I agree, it is fun to follow the ship once you know where your car is coming. I see that the timing in Emden varies so I have to see. I am anticipating next Thursday as a potential day for departure from Emden. I have a question. I see the vessel that brought you car went to multiple places, what info were you able to see in "Track your Dream"? Do they display the entire trip or they only provide the destination where you car is going to be delivered? I am curious to know. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you very much for your extensive explanation. I agree, it is fun to follow the ship once you know where your car is coming. I see that the timing in Emden varies so I have to see. I am anticipating next Thursday as a potential day for departure from Emden. I have a question. I see the vessel that brought you car went to multiple places, what info were you able to see in "Track your Dream"? Do they display the entire trip or they only provide the destination where you car is going to be delivered? I am curious to know. Thanks
Happy to help. Actually the detailed version Track your Dream you have in the US isn't supported (or at least not for me) in Canada.

Once I discovered what ship I was on, I confirmed with my salesperson. I followed the ship on marinetraffic and was getting updates from marinetraffic whenever the ship hit a land repeater. I was getting updates even after my car arrived (it took me couple of weeks to cancel my subscription) so I got to see where the ship was even after I cared :p). The non subscription version of marinetraffic only gives you three days of history and the next destination ETA (as well as current location when ship is near a shore repeater). I think there's a nominal daily fee if you want more data although I didn't try it.

We need an insider at the Emden Port to slip an Apple AirTag into our cars so we can track the whole journey :).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's funny but really what we need indeed. I think I have the marinetraffic version where you can track the ship to the destination except when it is not close to a repeater. For satellite location I have to pay extra money but I do not think I need that. I will post an update when the car in on the Siem Aristotle 🤞. Thanks for your great advises.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts