Taycan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used a TeslaTap before on other EVs or their Taycan? Does it actually do an effective job a charging EVs that aren't Teslas? From what I've seen it works well on destination chargers.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Although I have not used a Teslatap, it should work on a Taycan -- as far as I know, the Teslatap itself merely acts as a conduit, just an adapter, to connect the Tesla destination charger to the J1772 inlet on a Taycan.

I would like to read if someone has tried it though, just to confirm that the Taycan will not reject a Teslatap. If we read reports that it works on a Taycan, I'd buy one to keep handy for trips to resorts and the like that have Tesla destination chargers. Sometimes I visit the Ritz Carlton Dove Mountain (in the foothills above Tucson) and they have Tesla destination chargers. Their location is remote enough that it would be convenient to have the valet charge the car using a Teslatap while I'm staying there.

·
Registered
2020 Taycan Turbo - Gentian Blue
54 Posts
I may get one just to have handy even at home. I have two Tesla wall connectors but only one for the Taycan.
Just remember they won’t work at a supercharging station (L3). Only L2/destination chargers.

·
Registered
102 Posts
does it matter which one we get? I mean does the 80amp work with 50amp and 40amp?
My understanding is there is only one TeslaTap adapter and the amperage flowing through it depends on the vehicle itself -- the vehicle's onboard circuit determines how many amps to pull

1 - 6 of 6 Posts