Taycan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I want to purchase a used Taycan and found a couple of versions that look good (non-CPO).

• 2021 Turbo with 6k miles, original owner, for 135k.
  • 2020 Turbo with 21K miles (already had its 20k mile service completed) for 120k.

Both are fully loaded, same specs (except the 2021 has the Mission E wheels).

Just looking for some feedback - which is the better route? Should I spend the extra 15k on the 2021 Turbo with less miles?

· Registered
2012 Cayenne S | 2020 Taycan Turbo
118 Posts
I own a 2020 Turbo now with 19,000 miles on it and it is an awesome vehicle. Here is how I would think this decision through.

First, is one of the two clearly more visually appealing to you (both interior and exterior) than the other? If the 2020 is the better looking then I think the decision is simple - - just buy the better looking and less expensive 2020.

If the 2021 is the better looking vehicle then you have to come up with some reasons to feel OK about spending $15k more. These reasons could include:

1. The 2021 was more months of warranty coverage remaining.

2. The 2021 should have less battery degradation than the 2020.

Regarding battery degradation, I don’t see any evidence of battery range degradation so far in my 2020 with 19,000 miles. I keep my Turbo in an air conditioned garage so that may be helping keep battery degradation at bay. My Turbo has the same estimated range as it did when I first bought the car.

I hope these thoughts are helpful to you. Good luck in your decision making.

I don’t think you can go wrong either way if you are planning to keep your Taycan for a long time.

· Registered
118 Posts
Thank you. I ended up going with the 2020 and was able to negotiate down to 117K. It has the updated PCM.. they confirmed wireless CarPlay - does yours have it?
Yes - Apple CarPlay works wirelessly and with the recent software update to the PCM, the car connects to CarPlay much more quickly than before.

Congratulations on your purchase. What color combination are you getting? Mine is Volcano Grey Metallic on the exterior and the interior is two-tons with Basalt Black and Atacama Beige.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes - Apple CarPlay works wirelessly and with the recent software update to the PCM, the car connects to CarPlay much more quickly than before.

Congratulations on your purchase. What color combination are you getting? Mine is Volcano Grey Metallic on the exterior and the interior is two-tons with Basalt Black and Atacama Beige.
Does CarPlay start automatically as soon as you enter the car, or do you have to connect each time?

· Registered
118 Posts
You definitely got the better looking car AND you spent less!! Well done sir.

The CarPlay, if you configure your Taycan to do so, will automatically be connected each time you start the car but there is a delay before it connects (15 to 30 seconds delay).

The one annoying thing is that after starting up the Taycan will "switch" to whatever audio source you last used on your iPhone. So if the last time you turned off your car you were listening to satellite radio, when you turn the Taycan on you will at first hear the satellite radio station you were last listening to but then, after the delay to connect to CarPlay, the audio will switch to whatever audio you were last listening to on the iPhone.

This is annoying and is about only thing I can say is not perfect about the Taycan.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I want to purchase a used Taycan and found a couple of versions that look good (non-CPO).

• 2021 Turbo with 6k miles, original owner, for 135k.
  • 2020 Turbo with 21K miles (already had its 20k mile service completed) for 120k.

Both are fully loaded, same specs (except the 2021 has the Mission E wheels).

Just looking for some feedback - which is the better route? Should I spend the extra 15k on the 2021 Turbo with less miles?
In case you find this below of interest:
https://www.taycanevforum.com/threads/2021-porsche-taycan-turbo-s-3-400-miles-perfect-showroom-condition.3036/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts