Taycan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just notified by my (Northern NJ) dealer that "Porsche will begin producing Turbo S Cross Turismo in May....
No word on Turbo or 4S Variants yet..."

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'll be waiting on the 4S ... Hopefully by the time it's out, there'll be two years of Taycan releases to get many of the initial kinks out for us 2022 MY buyers...

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'll be waiting on the 4S ... Hopefully by the time it's out, there'll be two years of Taycan releases to get many of the initial kinks out for us 2022 MY buyers...
That has me wondering how many people will be crossing over from the Panamera and how soon. It is after all the more comfortable choice. Expectations are clear. Taycan CT, not so much.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
That has me wondering how many people will be crossing over from the Panamera and how soon. It is after all the more comfortable choice. Expectations are clear. Taycan CT, not so much.
I might prefer a Panamera EV, but don't want to wait forever. At 77, I don't have forever. Would love to know when we can realistically expect a Panamera
EV.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I might prefer a Panamera EV, but don't want to wait forever. At 77, I don't have forever. Would love to know when we can realistically expect a Panamera
EV.
If Porsche has plans for it, then I am 100% sure it will happen a couple years out from when the Taycan Cross Turismo (Wagon) comes out. You can always get the Panamera E-Hybrid. Have you checked them out yet?

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
If Porsche has plans for it, then I am 100% sure it will happen a couple years out from when the Taycan Cross Turismo (Wagon) comes out. You can always get the Panamera E-Hybrid. Have you checked them out yet?
Yes, I've tried the Panamera hybrid and like it a lot. But the all-electric Taycan has spoiled me. Hybrid is now old technology.

·
Registered
20 Posts
As a Panamera E-Hybrid owner, I can say that its ground clearance is often not enough for me. I was hoping that the Cross Turismo would have a better ground clearance, commensurate with the concept cars that Porsche showed off a couple of years ago. Porsche keeps saying that the CT will have higher ground clearance than the Taycan sedan, but recent "spy" images aren't convincing of that claim. A Norwegian article posted today says that Porsche has told the writer that the CT will come in all forms that the sedan comes in, including a rear-wheel-drive-only version; this is the first time that I've heard that, and it might be enticing to me with a cost < $100k USD. But if the ground clearance is still pretty low, I may wait for the forthcoming Macan BEV in a couple of years, reluctantly (preferring a wagon to an SUV)...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts