Taycan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Taycan Turbo - Gentian Blue
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 7 year old noticed this and now it bugs me. Anyone else notice the Porsche logo is upside down on the keyfob relative to the buttons?

·
Registered
147 Posts
That is the way it is on my other two car's key fobs. You may have to trade the car in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's the orientation of the crest to the (model) car, which is correct.... the buttons would look weird upside down to match as you would hold the FOB with the "ring" at the bottom...

·
Registered
2020 Taycan Turbo - Gentian Blue
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the orientation of the crest to the (model) car, which is correct.... the buttons would look weird upside down to match as you would hold the FOB with the "ring" at the bottom...
I get the orientation of the buttons as it likely assumes the FOB is on a key chain. But why would they design a FOB so that the crest is in the orientation of the car? The car isn't looking at the FOB. Logically the only person that would be looking at the FOB would be the one using it so you're looking at the logo upside down.

I hope it wasn't a design consideration to show off the logo to someone opposite of you... that would just be pretentious like "ohhh looky looky my FOB is for a Porsche!" Granted, my FOB doesn't leave my pocket but it still.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I get what you are saying, but the FOB mimics the shape of the car... The logo is oriented with that in mind... If the FOB was just a rectangular shape box, then it would make sense to have the logo and buttons in the same direction...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts