Taycan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Building my Taycan 4s in white Carrara metallic and wanted to get some input on getting the mission e wheels painted in Carrara white metallic or leaving them unpainted. $1300 to paint the wheels seems pricey and I'm not sure it's that big of a difference. Other concern is that the painted wheels will show chips more than unpainted. Any thoughts??? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Building my Taycan 4s in white Carrara metallic and wanted to get some input on getting the mission e wheels painted in Carrara white metallic or leaving them unpainted. $1300 to paint the wheels seems pricey and I'm not sure it's that big of a difference. Other concern is that the painted wheels will show chips more than unpainted. Any thoughts??? Thanks in advance.
PAINT THE WHEELS!!! Then get them ceramic coated. I have the exact same combo and they are just stunning, and well worth the $1300. No problems at all with chips.

·
Registered
25 Posts
PAINT THE WHEELS!!! Then get them ceramic coated. I have the exact same combo and they are just stunning, and well worth the $1300. No problems at all with chips.

View attachment 2632 View attachment 2633
I think you can learn to live with painted wheels and I love them in your white body color. It's my combination as well. I had a Tesla for 7 years and was always banging the wheels on curbs based on the width of the car and the low profile of the tires. I kept a small file, steel wool and Tesla's wheel paint-stick handy and managed to polish and paint out the scratches and gouges that I picked up regularly.

With the Taycan, now 4 months old, I'm being very careful. The park assist programs seem to help, but I highly recommend the wheel and tire replacement insurance Porsche offers. These painted wheels are a beautiful luxury, but the chance for damage is high Go for it. It really makes the car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I specified my Taycan Turbo with Silver and Mission E wheels in exterior color. Make sure and described here you have them clear bra and ceramic coated as otherwise they will pick up some dings and scratches.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the Carrara White at Dealer with Turbo wheels on it, I had them order the Mission E wheels from Germany and then they painted them with the Carrara white, then i got the insurance they offer, I really love these painted wheels worth the extra money to me, really turns people head too, haha!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Paint the wheels. I have mine painted and Porsche Does that Process in Powder Coating so You should never ever have to worry about Chips unless you step in a big hole. Anyway Porshe Porder coats both the wheels and Calipers, been the first time that the calipers are offer in a variety of colors including White and Porsche guarantees that the White Calipers will never get dirty, due to the new Process they used to paint them. Same process used in the weels.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the wheels in standard form, back center and silver rim. Nice looking wheels. I was told by Porsche they are the least efficient wheels for range. The blades are better for range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts