Porsche Taycan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering about the delivery process here in the US and what to expect. Anyone here in the U.S who has taken delivery of a Taycan wanna pitch in and share their day of delivery? Mine will be in May, so I got some a few months ahead of me. Recently had Porsche confirm my build spec & paid the full deposit of 5k.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not sure what you mean by process. Because I am pretty well versed about EVs, and knew the car well I pretty much just picked it up. In fact I was going over some of the finer points with the sales guy as he was very curious about various charging speeds, the cables. So I skipped the intro, the charging, the set up, the walkthrough. The only thing the dealer did was to set up the Porsche Control software account for me and activate the services. Mind you this was their first Taycan delivery, and they did seem well trained. But the salesman did apologize in advance if things didn’t work on first try (which it did) because as he said “this is my first one.”

Anything in particular?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not sure what you mean by process. Because I am pretty well versed about EVs, and knew the car well I pretty much just picked it up. In fact I was going over some of the finer points with the sales guy as he was very curious about various charging speeds, the cables. So I skipped the intro, the charging, the set up, the walkthrough. The only thing the dealer did was to set up the Porsche Control software account for me and activate the services. Mind you this was their first Taycan delivery, and they did seem well trained. But the salesman did apologize in advance if things didn’t work on first try (which it did) because as he said “this is my first one.”

Anything in particular?
Did you get the sense that your dealer's sales team was ready to explain the finer points of EVs to new buyers who didn't know as much as you? One of the headwinds the Taycan faces is whether the dealer network will be as committed to EVs and as knowledgeable as Tesla is, as a resource for new buyers who are trying out their first EV. I'm hopeful that the dealer network is ready to sell something like the Taycan because this isn't the first plugin Porsche -- the Cayenne and Panamera have been available with plugs for some time now.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I definitely got the sense they were all trained and/or were being trained. They took it very seriously was my impression. But not having had real life experience, and limited hands on, I am sure they would be more ready as they have more deliveries and customers and stick time. They definitely were happy I was their first Taycan customer in the sense that they wouldn’t have to worry about “gotchas” that I would complain about (like why is range less in winter, where do I charge, etc). They actually said something to the effect that I was the perfect “first” Taycan customer.

I offered to be a reference and an ambassador for new owners who may not be EV savvy if they wanted. They have invited me to their official launch event March 13, so they definitely are still in gearing up phase.

I got the sense Porsche is taking it all very seriously and will do just fine. Every question I have had with customer care showed they are well trained, know what the Taycan means, and they can actually provide concrete answers. I am very optimistic.

·
Registered
91 Posts
And I want to add that every aspect of the car itself is very well thought out and shows a lot of care. It is a nearly flawless EV in functions, settings, remote access. Even the charging is very well thought out, and in fact is one of the best approaches I have seen. You can set a profile with a minimum charge to keep, and then either immediate charging or will hold until your designated departure timer. It is all very mature, even before you consider it is the first EV for the company. I would say even better than Tesla in almost every detail. Kudos.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Anything in particular?
I am having my electrician add the outlet in my home. Can you tell me what type of outlet is needed and what AMP?

·
Registered
91 Posts
NEMA 14-50R 50 amp circuit, this is what the Porsche charger uses and will allow full 9 KWHr charging. You can also get other EVSEs that use this. Other receptacles only allow up to 6 KWHr charging at 40 amp rating.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts