Taycan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
498 Posts
Hi everyone. Any of you guys know the current delivery dates for cross tourismo if I ordered one this week?
I've been seeing September at the earliest for anyone ordering now but it might vary.

You might get something in August

What CT spec are you going with?
If you go through with the order, add it here:

· Registered
25 Posts
Well I’ve not seen one on the Uk roads yet so I’m thinking one one has a CT in the UK?
I haven’t seen one on the roads and I’ve covered about 1000 miles over the last 3 weeks. The dealers are starting to get their showroom models and I found a dealer that has 2 in Hampshire. Both of those arrived without some electrical components.

· Registered
8 Posts
just been told Leeds has a 4S CT on demo! so i'm booking a drive, 4S is what i have ordered so i will get to know if i made the right call! although i have also been told its a demo where you have to follow a sales guy driving in front of you!!!! whats all that about?

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
just been told Leeds has a 4S CT on demo! so i'm booking a drive, 4S is what i have ordered so i will get to know if i made the right call! although i have also been told its a demo where you have to follow a sales guy driving in front of you!!!! whats all that about?
I've never heard of driving behind a salesman. My test drive the salesman was in the car with my wife and I.

· Registered
26 Posts
Yes my demo drive was in Swindon, had to follow the sales guy in convoy! (thought about going right when he went left a few times but sense prevailed...
Mine is due on to be complete on the 3rd tomorrow.
At the dealers on the 24th, but to be honest I'm expecting a delay.

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
Good luck with getting it on the 24th.

· Registered
6 Posts
I ordered a 4 CT in March for 4Q delivery and so far as I know that still stands. No specific build date yet. I test drove a 4S CT recently (no salesman in sight) so I can confirm they exist in the UK (and fly). I am contemplating changing my order to a 4S, partly because market lease costs suggest residuals will be better with the 4S than the 4. I don't need the extra pace, though it is clearly fun. If anyone cares to comment on the 4 v 4S issue please feel free!

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
From the reviews I've seen the 4S definitely outshines the 4 in terms of torque and ride comfort. I was originally going to get the Taycan but wound up with the 4S and have no regrets whatsoever.

· Registered
310 Posts
I ordered a 4 CT in March for 4Q delivery and so far as I know that still stands. No specific build date yet. I test drove a 4S CT recently (no salesman in sight) so I can confirm they exist in the UK (and fly). I am contemplating changing my order to a 4S, partly because market lease costs suggest residuals will be better with the 4S than the 4. I don't need the extra pace, though it is clearly fun. If anyone cares to comment on the 4 v 4S issue please feel free!
I also have ordered a CT4, and I also considered a CT4S. I have a 996 C4S, so I have enjoyed the extra performance of the 4S for quite some time. For me it came down to 2 issues: 1) 0 - 60 in 5.1s is plenty quick for any reasonable off-track driving, even if not as neck snapping as what is available. 2) When I was ordering it seemed that the dealer was saying that their allotment was for a CT4 and not a CT4S, so that selecting the 4S would delay delivery, perhaps until the 2022 model year allotments were assigned. I had waited many months for the dealer to get a CT allotment, so I went with the one that was available.

I find it odd that you ordered in March and do not have a build date yet. I ordered on 21 May and my build is in progress and expected to finish today. Have you been given a ‘freeze date?’ That is the date the configuration is set and cannot be changed. I had made one change between ordering and freeze. It initially moved my delivery date back a week, but after a few days everything went back to the original end of October.

· Registered
6 Posts
I also have ordered a CT4, and I also considered a CT4S. I have a 996 C4S, so I have enjoyed the extra performance of the 4S for quite some time. For me it came down to 2 issues: 1) 0 - 60 in 5.1s is plenty quick for any reasonable off-track driving, even if not as neck snapping as what is available. 2) When I was ordering it seemed that the dealer was saying that their allotment was for a CT4 and not a CT4S, so that selecting the 4S would delay delivery, perhaps until the 2022 model year allotments were assigned. I had waited many months for the dealer to get a CT allotment, so I went with the one that was available.

I find it odd that you ordered in March and do not have a build date yet. I ordered on 21 May and my build is in progress and expected to finish today. Have you been given a ‘freeze date?’ That is the date the configuration is set and cannot be changed. I had made one change between ordering and freeze. It initially moved my delivery date back a week, but after a few days everything went back to the original end of October.
Thanks for that! I am told today - since posting this - that "freeze" will be 11 Oct and build complete 2 Dec. I will probably want to wait until 2022 to register at that point to help mitigate calendar year depreciation (though the dealer is understandably not keen on that!). I was also told I can't change the 4 to a 4S without going back to the back of the queue so I probably won't do that...

· Registered
310 Posts
Thanks for that! I am told today - since posting this - that "freeze" will be 11 Oct and build complete 2 Dec. I will probably want to wait until 2022 to register at that point to help mitigate calendar year depreciation (though the dealer is understandably not keen on that!). I was also told I can't change the 4 to a 4S without going back to the back of the queue so I probably won't do that...
OK, so you are also hearing that the allocation for a 4 is different than for a 4S.

With your build happening in Dec it will without question be a model year 2022. There have been postings from others saying that they decided to change from model year 2021 to 2022, and their build date moved back to late September. Here in the US the model year matters for depreciation, not the date of registration … but I tend to hold onto my cars for a long time, so I don’t think about that kind of depreciation. The 911 996 that I will trade in is 17 years old, and I am only making this change because it is time to get electric cars, not because anything about it seems too old for me.

With that said, my estimates are that with build finishing today it will take a week to get to the port (perhaps because of the recent flooding in northern Germany so it might not be an issue for you in December) and then it will take another 3 weeks before it is loaded on a ship and another month to cross the Atlantic, go through the Panama Canal and come up to the SF bay area port. Perhaps wait time at the port will be different for the shorter boat ride to the UK. So, you might not see your car until the new year anyway.

· Registered
6 Posts
OK, so you are also hearing that the allocation for a 4 is different than for a 4S.

With your build happening in Dec it will without question be a model year 2022. There have been postings from others saying that they decided to change from model year 2021 to 2022, and their build date moved back to late September. Here in the US the model year matters for depreciation, not the date of registration … but I tend to hold onto my cars for a long time, so I don’t think about that kind of depreciation. The 911 996 that I will trade in is 17 years old, and I am only making this change because it is time to get electric cars, not because anything about it seems too old for me.

With that said, my estimates are that with build finishing today it will take a week to get to the port (perhaps because of the recent flooding in northern Germany so it might not be an issue for you in December) and then it will take another 3 weeks before it is loaded on a ship and another month to cross the Atlantic, go through the Panama Canal and come up to the SF bay area port. Perhaps wait time at the port will be different for the shorter boat ride to the UK. So, you might not see your car until the new year anyway.
Noted, thanks. Good luck! Is there any actual difference between model year 2022 and 2021 cars? I think depreciation is a relatively minor point, but I just wouldn't want to register a car right at the end of the calendar year if I can register it at the start of the next one and eventually advertise it as a 2022 registered car.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.