Taycan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an allocation for a 2023 Tacan base model, and created an order for my car back in June here in Pasadena, Ca. "Freeze Point" originally was early July, but kept pushing back on my "Track your Dream" page on the Official Porsche website. The last change pushed it to today, Fri Sept 30th with a delivery date to PECLA at the end of Dec...we will see if it comes anywhere close to that delivery date.

My issue that I am posting about, is that Porsche's OWN website kept pushing back dates and most importantly the "Freeze Point" when I am locked into my chosen spec. My dealer is terrific, and we have talked about how frustrating it is on both sides with all of the delays and such...and I am fine with that since this is what was presented to me when I signed up for my Taycan allocation. I contacted him a couple days before the Freeze Date to change one thing (decided to get the side mirrors in gloss-black stem with bottom as exterior color (Chalk) that I saw in a hi-res picture, and it just looked so elegant. But when he looked up my file and order, he informed me that the "Actual" "Freeze Date" was over TWO weeks ago, so no more changes were allowed. My car was now locked and hopefully still on track for production. Then told me that I shouldn't go by "Track your Dream" as it is completely undependable.

What? Porsche sends me their own info on my ordered car, and I can't trust it?

Is it the end of the world? No. But how the Hell can Porsche, on THEIR Official Website, give us dates AND constantly update them on important things like a Freeze Point, and then give completely wrong info that we are forced to deal with? Just left a lousy taste in my mouth - I know I will love my car when delivered, and the journey so far has been fun (first car I have ever ordered), but it feels like being given a court date and when you show up ON time on the correct date, they tell you you are two weeks delinquent....just not cool.

Vent over. On a lighter note, I really enjoy reading all of your postings on all things Porsche..... I am a Porsche lover until the day I die :)

Oh, and does anyone have any idea how much it might cost to get that mirror paint done after I receive my Car in Dec?

Thanks - Matthew

· Registered
3 Posts
I have an allocation for a 2023 Tacan base model, and created an order for my car back in June here in Pasadena, Ca. "Freeze Point" originally was early July, but kept pushing back on my "Track your Dream" page on the Official Porsche website. The last change pushed it to today, Fri Sept 30th with a delivery date to PECLA at the end of Dec...we will see if it comes anywhere close to that delivery date.

My issue that I am posting about, is that Porsche's OWN website kept pushing back dates and most importantly the "Freeze Point" when I am locked into my chosen spec. My dealer is terrific, and we have talked about how frustrating it is on both sides with all of the delays and such...and I am fine with that since this is what was presented to me when I signed up for my Taycan allocation. I contacted him a couple days before the Freeze Date to change one thing (decided to get the side mirrors in gloss-black stem with bottom as exterior color (Chalk) that I saw in a hi-res picture, and it just looked so elegant. But when he looked up my file and order, he informed me that the "Actual" "Freeze Date" was over TWO weeks ago, so no more changes were allowed. My car was now locked and hopefully still on track for production. Then told me that I shouldn't go by "Track your Dream" as it is completely undependable.

What? Porsche sends me their own info on my ordered car, and I can't trust it?

Is it the end of the world? No. But how the Hell can Porsche, on THEIR Official Website, give us dates AND constantly update them on important things like a Freeze Point, and then give completely wrong info that we are forced to deal with? Just left a lousy taste in my mouth - I know I will love my car when delivered, and the journey so far has been fun (first car I have ever ordered), but it feels like being given a court date and when you show up ON time on the correct date, they tell you you are two weeks delinquent....just not cool.

Vent over. On a lighter note, I really enjoy reading all of your postings on all things Porsche..... I am a Porsche lover until the day I die :)

Oh, and does anyone have any idea how much it might cost to get that mirror paint done after I receive my Car in Dec?
For work, I enjoy this theme. But sadly, my assignments are consistently far more challenging. My life's main goal has always been learning. But there have been instances when I've had trouble with it. It's wonderful to know that I can rely on a reliable source for essay writing service nursing at all times. Additionally, it is helpful when I have challenging assignments to accomplish or when I need to delegate my assignments.
Thanks - Matthew
I have the same story, I don't understand what it's all about.

· Registered
Comfortably Numb
2 Posts
"The Long and Winding Road"

"Let It Be"

Ahhh.....The Beatles!!!! Lennon and McCartney together and separately write so well about the human experience everyone can relate to.

Such is the experience of waiting for the Taycan....

Finally, after 8 months on the waitlist......I got my order in. Now more waiting. Not holding my breath. It will get here when it gets here. The Porsche Brand Ambassador from Carlsbad Porsche: " Sir, aren't you excited?" I replied: "I'am, but I know the reality of the waiting game".

Thanks guys for posting what is real and not real.

· Registered
2023 Taycan GTS
2 Posts
It appears that were all in the same Boat here so to speak. I hope it doesn't sink. lol. Our 2023 Taycan GTS was ordered in May 2022. The Dates have moved at least a half dozen times. TMD says the car was finished on October 12th and it has been on its way to the port ever since. I spoke with Porsche in Atlanta several times and they told me the car was in Dusseldorf in a warehouse since there isn't room to move any cars into the Port. He said there is an issue with not enough Dock workers that are needed to load the ships. The date moved to January 13th 2023 this morning. If it takes 4 months to get on a ship and be transported to the US that seems to be a long time and somethings not right.
I'm thinking they are waiting for a part and will not disclose the real truth.
I guess we'll have to just wait and see.

f

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
According to Porsche my 4S was at Production Complete on September 28th. Nothing since, does that mean it is still sitting at the factory?
@Billsblue73 - not sure about that one.... mine finally went from stage 2 to stage 3 "Finished Production" and Porsche sent me an email that is has been made and is on route to the Port of Emden for transport here to the states. That "delivered to PECLA" date keeps bumping around, both earlier as well as later - was Jan 6th, 2023 a week ago, and now is Jan 20th, 2023. Hopefully is delivered within a reasonable amount of time although if it comes anytime before beginning of March 2023 I'll consider myself lucky.

Happy Turkey Day to all on this forum! :)

· Registered
2 Posts
According to Porsche my 4S was at Production Complete on September 28th. Nothing since, does that mean it is still sitting at the factory?
Ive had my 2020 4 S In the shop for almost a month with software issues that they cannot figure out? Anyone else having this problem? Very frustrating

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts