Finally had the pleasure of picking up my Taycan 4s from Porsche Atlanta Perimeter a couple wks ago (Pics Below). I’m very pleased with my purchase, and even had the opportunity to take it on a road trip from Atlanta, GA to Ann Arbor, MI. I had a few general thoughts I wanted to share.
- The car looks even better in person. Almost every angle of this vehicle is an eye pleaser. Can’t count how many times I’ve sneaked back into my garage to glance at this car. Also a lot of pleasant stares at stoplights and at the Valet.
- The 4s is good enough. I honestly felt the Turbo was a little overkill for an everyday commute vehicle. The 4s still packs a punch to keep me excited, and is certainly good enough for the everyday drive. Made more sense to load up on options with the cheaper model instead.
- It drives like a normal luxury vehicle and eats corners effortlessly. You almost forget this car weighs several tons, it carries the weight extremely well.
- Take Porsche up on their second delivery experience to go over your Taycan in more depth and answer questions you will inevitably have. The first delivery felt like information overload, and honestly all I wanted to do was drive this thing, so the second delivery is defiantly a good idea.
- Porsche’s onboard Trip planner is trash. You are unable to preselect any preferences for faster DC charging stations. It fails to provide crucial details of the charging stations it directs to you, unlike when using the Plugshare App. I pre planned my trip to Michigan using the Plugshare app, locating EA stations along my route.
- Download the “Plugshare” App to locate not just Electrify America but also alternative charing stations. You can filter your search by many options. And important details about the charging station including member reviews are shared within the app.
- Electrify America Charging stations will charge you up very fast (when they actually function…) On average I could charge from 20mi-200mi in the span of 20-30min. It is definitely very feasible to take this car on long road trips.
- There are no bathrooms at Electrify America Charging stations. If you’re traveling outside Walmart’s open hrs, and you inevitably need to relieve yourself, you’re S.O.L.
- Download “Charing NA” App to utilize the Electrify America free charging for 3 yrs.
- Larger adults (plus size) will likely not be comfortable, ESPECIALLY in the back seats. I guess this would be the case with any Porsche.
- Be weary of front bumper damage when parking, especially when approaching parking curbs/blocks, or steep angles. I found the parking cameras to be helpful and utilize them when pulling into or back out from parking spots.
- I’m not sure how I feel about the swivel wide view back up camera. It sort of distorts the images of rear vehicles when backing up. I find this problematic because it impairs my spatial awareness of rear vehicles when backing up, forcing me toggle between using mirrors and the limited rear window to gauge distances.
- The cross path detection on the Porsche is not as sensitive as I would like, as far as approaching cars, or nearby people walking. For some reason this has been my experience with most German cars. Chryslers/Jeep/Durango for some reason are the only vehicles I’ve had very favorable experiences with cross path detection sensors.
- It would be nice if the lane change sensor could audibly signal warnings rather than just light up visually.
- The mobile charger is not as seamless as I would like. It often requires I punch in passwords everytime I plug in at home. I just prefer the plug and play nature of my old Charge point, that also gave me the ability to control my charger remotely.
- Why is there no dedicated “next” or “previous” track button?? I shouldn’t have to waste my programable buttons to serve this purpose. Behind steering wheel buttons could’ve accomplished this. Perhaps a software update allowing a 2 finger gesture swipe(left/right) on the trackpad could remedy this.
- I absolutely detest that the arm rest console does not remain fixed when open. This is extremely frustrating while driving and attempting to retrieve items/phone/etc from the console. Really hope this gets addressed.
- The glove box compartment has little to no space for anything, not exactly sure why this is the case.
- The Porsche Innodrive is trash. This was honestly a waste of money. I honestly don’t know what the purpose of this system is or why anyone would use it. Definitely regret purchasing that option. Could’ve put that towards a better sound system instead.
- The passenger display is ridiculous and a waste of money. It absolutely serves no purpose. Hopefully some bright chap can come up with new great ideas for this option that would help me justify purchasing it.
- Wirless Apple CarPlay? Please!
- The CarPlay navigation map does not show up on the driver's gauge cluster whilst the Taycan navigation does.
- I purchased the LoJack option, a 24 month service plan option and the Allstate platinum protection plan option that gives you some road side service, wheel, tire, window and leather protection coverage. Hopefully it was a good decision.