Porsche Taycan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome, That’s how I ordered mine except silver ..adding Burmiester sound and a bit of Carbon fiber. Mission E wheels painted to match body
I look forward to seeing how the SportDesign Package looks on your Taycan! What interior color did you opt for?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got the sport design package as well on my turbo... went gentian blue with black interior & silver accents as well. just got to rhode island port and should be at dealer soon!!

·
Registered
574 Posts
I look forward to seeing how the SportDesign Package looks on your Taycan! What interior color did you opt for?
x2, along with the other color options with the SportDesign Package because i'm not exactly sold on it in white.

I got the sport design package as well on my turbo... went gentian blue with black interior & silver accents as well. just got to rhode island port and should be at dealer soon!!
In for seeing pictures of your spec.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It’s on the boat and due to arrive Jacksonville on the 22nd of this month.
That's great news guys, congratulations!

@jaspercrane Have they given you a date for you Taycan yet?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Arrives Jacksonville on the Goodwood tomorrow. They timeline shows almost 2 weeks to the dealer so they said week of June 1st. I‘ll look for convermation when it’s off the boat and clears customs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's great news guys, congratulations!

@jaspercrane Have they given you a date for you Taycan yet?
Thanks! Has been a true test of patience after ordering in Jan for April delivery, then having the lockdown delay everything. There are definitely bigger problems in the world so can't complain too much... My Taycan got to Rhode Island on 5/12 and should be at the dealer early/mid-June, depending how backed up the port is. Pic attached of the boat arriving 1 week+ ago. Can't wait! Will post pics when we pick it up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good to know your car is local in the delivery process. @jaspercrane did you ever come across demos?
Yes we live in Houston so several demos are floating around (we have 3 Porsche dealers). I drove the Turbo S demo, and it made my '17 Panamera Turbo feel (and look) like a horse & buggy. I was hooked. However, I made my purchase decision in early January based on online reviews ha. Pre-pandemic, it was very hard to get an allocation, and I actually found my dealer in Richmond VA on this forum who posted that he had allocations available.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yes we live in Houston so several demos are floating around (we have 3 Porsche dealers). I drove the Turbo S demo, and it made my '17 Panamera Turbo feel (and look) like a horse & buggy. I was hooked. However, I made my purchase decision in early January based on online reviews ha. Pre-pandemic, it was very hard to get an allocation, and I actually found my dealer in Richmond VA on this forum who posted that he had allocations available.
Taycan demo's seem quite common as I often hear about people that abandoned their order for a demo, or some that walk in to discover a demo is available without already having an order. For some reason I expected them to be few and harder to find. Maybe the COVID/Coronavirus situation we're in has something to do with it?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad to hear that it all worked out and you found your dealer here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wondering if anyone getting anything discounted off of MSRP? I’m assuming that the Turbo/ Turbo S are in short supply with the COVID shutdown. Looking at a Turbo S that is on dealer lot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
PIcked it up this week. Really run so far a little learning curve on charging etc as this is my first EV. Driving from FL to VA on Wednesday. The electify America charger is really fast however the Porsche connect interface to take advantage of the 3 yrs of free service is still a work in progress

1 - 19 of 19 Posts