Taycan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At $103,800 to start, the Taycan 4S doesn't come cheap and its the cheapest of all Porsche Taycan specs. Room for a cheaper version with less going on (drivetrain, motor, etc.) can easily happen and should as a Taycan priced within the $80-90k range would be ideal. That said, when should we expect this to happen?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Porsche will be using a dedicated EV platform called "PPE" which allows for just rear-wheel drive train or rear/front. It is rumored the Taycan "Macan" will be using this platform. At the moment Porsche and Audi are using the J1 EV platform for the 4S/Turbo/TurboS and the for the etronGT

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Porsche will be using a dedicated EV platform called "PPE" which allows for just rear-wheel drive train or rear/front. It is rumored the Taycan "Macan" will be using this platform. At the moment Porsche and Audi are using the J1 EV platform for the 4S/Turbo/TurboS and the for the etronGT
Interesting...

That has me wondering if Porsche will build a smaller and cheaper sedan on the PPE platform. Or if they'll leave that up to Audi. SUV's have been taking over sedans in recent years so possible that we won't see another Porsche sedan.

At least we know the PPE platform will have a similarly spec'd powertrain, a 800-volt architecture that can charge at rates of up to 350 kilowatts (80% of range in 20-minutes).

·
Registered
160 Posts
Interesting...

That has me wondering if Porsche will build a smaller and cheaper sedan on the PPE platform. Or if they'll leave that up to Audi. SUV's have been taking over sedans in recent years so possible that we won't see another Porsche sedan.

At least we know the PPE platform will have a similarly spec'd powertrain, a 800-volt architecture that can charge at rates of up to 350 kilowatts (80% of range in 20-minutes).
it is possible for the Porsche to crank out a Cayman style EV on the PPE.. however from past news articles.. we may see that happening once the weight of the battery packs has been cut. Porsche already mentioned aside of the current Taycan 4s/Turbo/TurboS, Cross Turismo, "Macan" the next EVs will be the Cayenne and the Panamera.. we may need to wait a while longer for a true 2 seater EV from Porsche.. but yes you are correct.. PPE platform will have 800v infrastructure to account for future 350kw charging. PPE will also allow for different size battery packs

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have a feeling that the e-tron GT is going to fit that role of the $80-90K electric sports sedan. I don't think Porsche is going to offer anything lower than the 4S anytime soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts