Taycan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't mean to kick a hornets nest here, but I'm curious who owns it...

I'm a long-time doubter, but the market is all speculation, and the speculators love a long shot.

I don't currently own any, but thinking about it on the next dip.

Just wishing I had got in on Shopify right now...

·
Registered
160 Posts
I don't mean to kick a hornets nest here, but I'm curious who owns it...

I'm a long-time doubter, but the market is all speculation, and the speculators love a long shot.

I don't currently own any, but thinking about it on the next dip.

Just wishing I had got in on Shopify right now...
have traded tesla, both ways ( short & long ).. been long in this run-up & sold all $TSLA holdings Monday prior to Earnings Call Wednesday as history has shown me that Q Earnings Calls have been a crapshoot. $TSLA stock price is decoupled from fundamentals, imo, so i use the hype factor for my trading strategy as well as I look at Robinhood tracker to see what its hot as there is plenty of dumb money being traded by newbie retail traders. Plenty of other trading opportunities out there other than Tesla. While most of my $TSLA trades have been profitable & are paying for my Taycan purchases + reinvestments, trading this stock has been a pain in my ass due to its volatile nature, which demanded constant attention vs 90% of my other trades. So, personal key take-a-away.. you either are very very very long-term trader in $TSLA or you just don't.

Disclaimer:
I am not advising any of you how to trade, when to trade or what stock to trade. Do your own DD prior to any investing as well as use your own Risk Management for your own trading strategies. I do not hold any licences nor am I in any position to advise on any investments.

·
Registered
275 Posts
have traded tesla, both ways ( short & long ).. been long in this run-up & sold all $TSLA holdings Monday prior to Earnings Call Wednesday as history has shown me that Q Earnings Calls have been a crapshoot. $TSLA stock price is decoupled from fundamentals, imo, so i use the hype factor for my trading strategy as well as I look at Robinhood tracker to see what its hot as there is plenty of dumb money being traded by newbie retail traders. Plenty of other trading opportunities out there other than Tesla. While most of my $TSLA trades have been profitable & are paying for my Taycan purchases + reinvestments, trading this stock has been a pain in my ass due to its volatile nature, which demanded constant attention vs 90% of my other trades. So, personal key take-a-away.. you either are very very very long-term trader in $TSLA or you just don't.

Disclaimer:
I am not advising any of you how to trade, when to trade or what stock to trade. Do your own DD prior to any investing as well as use your own Risk Management for your own trading strategies. I do not hold any licences nor am I in any position to advise on any investments.
What do you think about all those reports of Tesla's stock being a bubble? I'm a complete newb and have been sitting on the sidelines fearing that my potential long positions could be in the red for too long.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You can still get in on Nikola stock...down more than 50% in the last week! :ROFLMAO:
$NKLA CEO talks a good game trying to be Elon Musk V2.0 on twitter .. no product, no factory, no nothing .. market cap valuation, IMO.. is LaLa Land unicorn farts ..

·
Registered
160 Posts
What do you think about all those reports of Tesla's stock being a bubble? I'm a complete newb and have been sitting on the sidelines fearing that my potential long positions could be in the red for too long.
A bubble can only sustain itself with the hype used to blow it up.. IMO .. you already see small cracks over in EU and China when it comes more competition vs Tesla. Audi etron is the best selling EV SUV.. outselling S&X in key EU markets.. you have EV specific legislations and mandates in both of those markets vs in the US market. ID3 just came online this week with deliveries scheduled for Sept 2020, all of this leads me, PERSONALLY to believe, that the hype will eventually dissipate and other EV options will give Tesla a run for its money.

·
Registered
275 Posts
A bubble can only sustain itself with the hype used to blow it up.. IMO .. you already see small cracks over in EU and China when it comes more competition vs Tesla. Audi etron is the best selling EV SUV.. outselling S&X in key EU markets.. you have EV specific legislations and mandates in both of those markets vs in the US market. ID3 just came online this week with deliveries scheduled for Sept 2020, all of this leads me, PERSONALLY to believe, that the hype will eventually dissipate and other EV options will give Tesla a run for its money.
I appreciate the insight. Also looked into that end of analysis and all the billions being invested by VW Group, Mercedes, BMW and so on, sure can slow Tesla's stock performance, even cause more ripples over time. Each automaker has revealed plans to launch an EV in every segment and have the groundwork in for a lot of launches by 2025. So not as volatile and a much longer term stock.

There's also this...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts