Taycan Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought a Taycan Turbo... Forever I was going to purchase a Tesla M3 Performance but every time I got in one my heart just sank. The Tesla tech is fantastic but for me its got no soul and the design is... well ... bland. Again theres a fair chance we will also add a testa as a “beater” in the near future but the Porsche’s driving dynamics, build quality and soul are incomparable IMO. It will be interesting going forward to see if that position changes :)

·
Registered
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
8 Posts
To me comparing a Model S to a Taycan is a bit like comparing a Suburban to a Range Rover Velar. Sure they are both SUVs and you can get them for roughly the same price, but they are each serving the needs of different buyers who want to do different things with their money. The Model S is a significantly larger vehicle than the Taycan. The fact that the Model S can go from 0~60 MPH in two and a half seconds is more of a party trick and less integral to its core function. The fact that the Taycan Turbo S can do the same is more a core part of the Porsche experience.

In the Tesla lineup, I personally believe that the Model 3 Performance is the closest match to a Taycan based on form and function. Considering that the Taycan is considerably more expense than the Model 3, I certainly would expect that the fit and finish and driving characteristics would be better. I just wish Porsche would devote more attention to its software and infotainment system. In this regard it is still significantly behind a Model 3.

I own both a Model 3 Performance and a Taycan 4S. I think both cars are fun to drive. I would describe the Model 3 as very spunky. It has a very sensitive pedal so it tends to be a bit more jerky than the Taycan. There is very similar to the throttle response with Japanese cars. The Taycan is significantly more refined in its driving characteristics. Everything feels very deliberate and smooth. Though if you are used to a Model 3, you will feel like the car lags a little bit when you push down the pedal (except when engaging launch mode) I think passengers have a more comfortable experience when riding in a Taycan, due to how smooth the acceleration and deceleration is in that car.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts