Porsche Taycan EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
This makes sense to me. Tesla owners have been waiting on an alternative from a more established automaker. I'm sure the Roadster however will attract just as much attention as the Model 3 has been getting.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Tesla has made monumental progress with the build quality of their newer models, but availability is still a huge problem. Not to mention they've just recently cut entry level models so they are also less affordable.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Things have improved with their stock pricing ever since Elon stepped down as board chair. Not having him in the news on a weekly basis with random shenanigans should instill more confidence in the company for investors and buyers.

·
Registered
415 Posts
After seeing spyshots of the Taycan i was quite surprised to find out the frunk is lacking space to put just about anything you'd want to carry.
As a Model S rival it comes to my surprise that Porsche didn't compete on cargo. I understand its a Porsche but everyday practicality is important, its not like we're only driving these on the local track.

·
Registered
117 Posts
There are very few EV's or mid engine cars that have any sort of useable storage space up front. Depending on your given needs you'll have to consider storage racks or carriers to try and bring some added utility to your electric car. That being said roof racks and the like can have a noticeable impact on your range/efficiency.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Taycan looks to be more of a performance car and less of a family car than Model S. Less interior room and cargo capacity but better handling and a more traditional performance car interior with lots of options. Buyers will decide which features are most important to them and purchase accordingly.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Tesla days of market dominance were always limited, but they've accomplished what they set out to do and that was to make EV's mass adopted. Still a bit confused by the decisions and changes they've been making to the Model as of late, and I don't know if their $35k goal will ever be attainable. But who knows what new benchmarks they will set with the upcoming Roadster.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Although Tesla wasn't that great to start with i'll give them the credit of being a brand that made it through to the main stream, something we haven't seen decades. Instead its been American brands disappearing and coming close to the chopping block

·
Registered
117 Posts
Having an American automaker with the top selling luxury vehicle is no small feat. Their main issue has always been scaling and you can bet that even German brands will run into issues as they begin mass production with their EV's.

·
Registered
415 Posts
at this point it might be a matter of waiting for an investor and fortunately Tesla had quite a few big wealth funds interested
the chances of this happening will only grow as the EV segments heat up and investors find somewhere to put their money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts