Taycan Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I bought a Tesla mini tap and used it at a Marriott hotel's Tesla destination charger. It's a slow charge but it works just fine. Even let another Taycan owner borrow it one night (we were at a Porsche Treffen). It does NOT work at the big Tesla superchargers--those are proprietary to Tesla.
I agree, it's a safety add just in case...I keep mine in the hideaway in the trunk.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I went to Maine (from Long Island) last week. The hotel had a regular and Tesla charger. The regular only pumped .2 mi/hr. I tried my TeslaTap on the Tesla charger and got .4 mi/hr, so I used that one for the week. Now worth the investment, lol.

·
2021 Taycan 4S
543 Posts
I went to Maine (from Long Island) last week. The hotel had a regular and Tesla charger. The regular only pumped .2 mi/hr. I tried my TeslaTap on the Tesla charger and got .4 mi/hr, so I used that one for the week. Now worth the investment, lol.
Thanks for sharing. You just helped me make the decision not to buy one.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
118 Posts
having options for charging is never a bad thing. back in the early days of tesla, long before the massive proliferation of superchargers I carried a chademo, a 14-50 extension cord, a heavy duty 110 extension cord and all sorts of adaptors. you can never have too many options when traveling, especially when headed well off of the beaten paths.
I have the teslatap unit and even if I never use it I am glad to have it there for the one time that I might need it.

·
2021 Taycan 4S
543 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Has anyone had experience with the new converters that allow you to use a Tesla charger? I bought one in case but have t used it. For me it was an added precaution so that if an EA charger wasn’t available you could use a Tesla changer…but not a super charger.
I used my TeslaTap mini at a hotel a few weeks ago. It was flawless. Interestingly, their regular charger only delivered .2 mi/min while the Tesla charger delivered the same .4 I get at home. Made the purchase worthwhile!

·
2021 Taycan 4S
543 Posts
Still thinking about the Tesla Tap mini but not convinced yet that I need one. My long distance trips are few and far between.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
118 Posts
Still thinking about the Tesla Tap mini but not convinced yet that I need one. My long distance trips are few and far between.
you can never have enough arrows in your quiver. having the unit is like insurance, it expands your charging abilities.

·
2021 Taycan 4S
543 Posts
you can never have enough arrows in your quiver. having the unit is like insurance, it expands your charging abilities.
Stop you're pushing me over the edge.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts