Taycan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my 2022 Taycan 4S for about six months and I already have charger envy! Is it possible to buy an adapter to allow my Taycan to charge at a Tesla Supercharger?
Is it safe?
How about the effect of using Tesla chargers on the Porsche warranty?
Are there owners out there who already do this successfully?

· Registered
9 Posts
Great questions . . . which only grow in importance as more EV's hit the road every day and there doesn't seem to be any new EA stations popping up. My car is at the dealer for the next couple of days. I left a list of questions with them which include yours regarding Tesla connectivity. I'll post their responses upon receipt.

· Registered
159 Posts
You can't charge at a Supercharger Station yet in USA. Some experiments doing that in Europe are underway. With an adapter you can use a Tesla destination charger ( Level 2 ) to charge your Taycan. This type of charger may be found in hotels.

· Registered
27 Posts
The Tesla superchargers in the U.S. require a Tesla account, and currently Tesla has not opened up their system to allow for non-Tesla EV owners to set up an account. I did get a Tesla adapter for use with Level 2 chargers (hotels mainly) but have not used it yet. The lack of fast EV chargers here in the Midwest is a big detriment to buying a non-Tesla EV. For long trips we have found it better to just drive our Macon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts