Taycan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

My Taycan has arrived! I believe it is the first one in Edmonton. Unbelievable to drive, very supple ride and very fast! I have a lot of things to figure out in the car (like programming Homelink???).

The car has been fully wrapped and ceramic coated.

Here are some quick photos I took.
IMG-3108.jpg
IMG-3112.jpg
IMG-3113.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
662 Posts
Look stunning! Congrats @Drtdvl !

I'll be very curious to see how it does in the winter cold. If you plan to drive it then.

Obviously the cold impacts range and Edmonton gets VERY cold.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look stunning! Congrats @Drtdvl !

I'll be very curious to see how it does in the winter cold. If you plan to drive it then.

Obviously the cold impacts range and Edmonton gets VERY cold.
I am also curious about winter but at least it is a 'dry cold.':D

·
Super Moderator
662 Posts
Um, that photog is awesome!

Some really nice pics in there and the interior is SPOTLESS. Very impressed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome @Drtdvl! Congrats on the Taycan. What has your real-world range been like so far?
The range after getting the car was 300 km driven with 75 km left. I received a warning or reminder message to start looking for a charger around 80 km.

My initial 3 days with the car was done with some spirited driving, two to four people in the car and air conditioning and ventilated seats going. I also did a short stint with range mode enabled and wasn’t sure if I liked it. Driving with Range mode on felt like the car was pushing back on me. The weather was nice and in the 20 degree Celsius range. I did notice that while driving, the remaining range would fluctuate so I was pleasantly surprised to see that I could get over 300 km.

I set up a profile to charge to 85% and the charger indicated a time of 6hrs and 45 min and power used of 62.6 kWh.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Congratulations on the new Turbo S @Drtdvl! Those phots are spectacular! Is it gong to be a daily driver for you?

Also, with setting up homelink, this video should help you out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks @Smitty11 - the video helped out a lot. The car will be a daily driver for us. I am really curious as to how the vehicle will perform in the winter and what kind of range we will get.

·
Registered
657 Posts
@Drtdvl thanks for providing your range stats.

Here's what I seen another Turbo S owner report

"No worries about EPA rating of 192 mile range! In town I drive enthusiastically and highway in range mode. 265 miles range is very realistic."

porsche-taycan-real-world-range.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@Drtdvl thanks for providing your range stats.

Here's what I seen another Turbo S owner report

"No worries about EPA rating of 192 mile range! In town I drive enthusiastically and highway in range mode. 265 miles range is very realistic."
View attachment 1908
That is great news! I will keep an eye out on what kind of range I am getting between charges.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Thanks @Smitty11 - the video helped out a lot. The car will be a daily driver for us. I am really curious as to how the vehicle will perform in the winter and what kind of range we will get.
No problem at all, I'm glad to see that it worked. Well there are a few videos of the Taycan handling itself in the snow. As for the range, well that's still to be determined.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts