Taycan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't honestly know why my thread keeps getting deleted. I'm an honest Porsche customer seeking some support from other owners here. I will keep posting over and over again.

So anyway new Taycan Turbo owner. Only done 260 miles.

So this morning I had about 48% battery and 117 miles on the range. I've driven around 20 miles today, mixture between normal and sport, no more than 80 mph. Range is now only 31 miles.
We have have extended range edition.

Spoken to Porsche and they are saying that it will take time to level out. Can I ask any of you other Porsche owners had similar range issues at first that balanced out?

Now I know with being a Porsche the whole 260 mile range thing will probably be put of reach unless driving less than 60mph long range. But I expect to get around 200 miles.

Have a 200 mile round trip planned and just hope we can make it without charging.

Also we keep setting the car to have auto regenerative breaking and the engine sound to on, but these don't seem to save, any tips on something we maybe missing?

Thanks in advance all.

Adam

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
138 Posts
a 200 mile trip might require a charge stop, porsche is correct when they say that the guess o meter will level out. I have taken a couple of road trips and have been getting 215+ miles without driving with preserving range in mind. if range is a concern keep it in either range or normal modes. sport and sport plus will hurt the range as will climatic and elevation changes

·
Registered
8 Posts
What kind of outdoor temperatures are you experiencing? I have a 4S with the extended battery. In range mode I have made it as far as 260 miles (with 39 miles of ending remaining range) at speeds of 65-70 in summer temps. Even traveling 70-80 I can generally make it around 200 miles between charges. Agree with kort that about 215 miles without really managing range is normal assuming you aren’t pushing speed too far. That is the range killer. I do not keep regenerative braking turned on for what that’s worth.

·
Registered
55 Posts
What kind of outdoor temperatures are you experiencing? I have a 4S with the extended battery. In range mode I have made it as far as 260 miles (with 39 miles of ending remaining range) at speeds of 65-70 in summer temps. Even traveling 70-80 I can generally make it around 200 miles between charges. Agree with kort that about 215 miles without really managing range is normal assuming you aren’t pushing speed too far. That is the range killer. I do not keep regenerative braking turned on for what that’s worth.
Likewise here in Central NY....even with our cold temps, get excellent range results.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Here in Germany in winter we're below zero and not an issue.
However, I usually pre-heat and car's in the garage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts