Taycan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just signed up..
Have been driving my heavily optioned Taycan Turbo for a month now.. I love it..
Question on range though
I have the performance pack with the 93.4kWH battery
Porsche say I should be getting 260-290 range
I'm based in the UK
The car fully charged says 213.. which extends to 220+ when in Range mode

My questions
Is the car understating? I do set accelerator recoup to auto..
Is the forecasted range from Porsche inaccurate?
Am I missing a setting to make it work as intended?

Thanks in anticipation

B

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
53 Posts
I do not know if 290 miles is possible, your local driving conditions, your driving style can alter the range you receive.
the car is really just guessing what the range will be based on your past driving habits, one month of driving is a very small sample for the car to guess accurately.
as the car "learns" your driving habits the projected ranges should increase. for example I am in my third month of ownership and @ 100% charge it would report 204 miles of range, now it reports 250+ miles of range and I probably could go further than that on a charge. the bottom line is the more you drive the guesses will improve.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not know if 290 miles is possible, your local driving conditions, your driving style can alter the range you receive.
the car is really just guessing what the range will be based on your past driving habits, one month of driving is a very small sample for the car to guess accurately.
as the car "learns" your driving habits the projected ranges should increase. for example I am in my third month of ownership and @ 100% charge it would report 204 miles of range, now it reports 250+ miles of range and I probably could go further than that on a charge. the bottom line is the more you drive the guesses will improve.
And that makes a huge amount of sense.. Many thanks ..

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have consumptions now between 19 and 24 kWh's per 100km
-- i.e. a range of 440 to 345 km, which is 270 to 215 miles.
nb: this is based on the full battery, I usually charge to 85% only.

This is better than what I expected; but as kort said, you need to adjust your driving style etc.
Recup doesn't help. Better to let it roll and recup on the break.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’ve had my 4s for 4 months now and my range hasn’t changed from 210-220ish after full charge. I did get mine used with 6K miles on it. Suggestions?

·
Registered
35 Posts
It depends whether you have the extended battery or not? if yes and you drive it in sport/+, I think its good range. If you have the small battery, this is really good range

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes extended battery which is why I think it’s low considering the posts I see on 290ish.
i also have 21 4S and my range at full is 222 miles with the big battery.Driving on the interstate at 85 to 90 miles an hour gets me close to 200 miles range

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the RWD with the performance battery and I got 299 miles after 400 miles trip. It varies with each trip and I think the best way to look at it is based on the needs and driving style.
When I need long range, 100% battery, range mode and max speed at 70 to 75mph, I have been able to get 0.26 to 0.27 kWh/mile and surely could be better. If it is just city drive, I just care for state of charge and put it on Sport mode.
Although the consumption and range will varies, every trip will be based on your settings and battery level.

·
Registered
91 Posts
After now a month or so with the Turbo MY21, I figured range is not an issue at all.
In range mode, I get >310 miles (500 km). Very rare I do this on a normal day…

1 - 12 of 12 Posts