Taycan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. Im new here. Picked up my Taycan Turbo 2 days ago. Everything about the experience has gone wrong.

When I first got in it the sales adviser couldnt log me in to my account. After a couple of hours of them resetting things still couldnt. I was told that it was a problem with the porsche servers and that I would be able to connect 'soon'. This was despite all the other Taycan's there having no issues logging in.

I then drive off. Get out on to a nice road. Put my foot down. Nothing. Couldn't get beyond 45 mph. 'Turtle' appears on the dashboard. Dealer says to reset the software and try again. I did and it worked! For about an hour, Then it went back to Turtle town,

Tried to reset again and the reset failed. Now I cant even connect my phone or any devices, the car crawls along making it dangerous to use. Im feeling utterly deflated as Porsche are closed for xmas and then probably locked down for weeks. So Im left with a £130,000 giant paperweight on my driveway that makes me angry every time I see it. Sorry just need to vent my frustration, as I can't get through to anyone at Porsche.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This sounds like more of a dealer issue though based on my test drives I know the car drives just the same whether you’re logged in or not. One weak spot with the Porsche system could be security as the vehicle seems to communicate with servers and you wonder about Porsche’s encryption and data security given they aren’t a “tech” company.

Hopefully you got your car working, but this should be a big reason Taycan owners push Porsche to enhance their software experience and implement better security on both ends to ensure a hack doesn’t turn every Taycan into “turtle mode”.

Once you get your car sorted out you’ll be pretty happy. This is a new venture for Porsche so there will inevitably be some bugs.

hi. Im new here. Picked up my Taycan Turbo 2 days ago. Everything about the experience has gone wrong.

When I first got in it the sales adviser couldnt log me in to my account. After a couple of hours of them resetting things still couldnt. I was told that it was a problem with the porsche servers and that I would be able to connect 'soon'. This was despite all the other Taycan's there having no issues logging in.

I then drive off. Get out on to a nice road. Put my foot down. Nothing. Couldn't get beyond 45 mph. 'Turtle' appears on the dashboard. Dealer says to reset the software and try again. I did and it worked! For about an hour, Then it went back to Turtle town,

Tried to reset again and the reset failed. Now I cant even connect my phone or any devices, the car crawls along making it dangerous to use. Im feeling utterly deflated as Porsche are closed for xmas and then probably locked down for weeks. So Im left with a £130,000 giant paperweight on my driveway that makes me angry every time I see it. Sorry just need to vent my frustration, as I can't get through to anyone at Porsche.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Over promised and under delivered. I just drove my ICE Macan Turbo 400 miles after 3 minutes at gas station. No problems. And planted two trees in my garden.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Why are you on a site called “Taycan EV forum” talking about your gasoline habit? That’s weird. And nobody cares. You can’t pretend to troll here because the site is literally called “Taycan EV forum”. If you don’t own a Taycan why are you here?

Over promised and under delivered. I just drove my ICE Macan Turbo 400 miles after 3 minutes at gas station. No problems. And planted two trees in my garden.

·
Registered
20 Posts

Welcome to the Taycan. Multiple issues with the product. Obviously, this was not ready to roll out. Dealers can not help and customer service non existent.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome to the Taycan. Multiple issues with the product. Obviously, this was not ready to roll out. Dealers can not help and customer service non existent.
Regardless of what car you buy if it is giving you chronic problems you should take it back. In the US lemon laws protect consumers in most states from having to keep a vehicle that has failed multiple attempts at repair. I don’t know what the situation is like where you are but you should’ve asked them to replace the entire car rather than live with the problems. It seems laughable that the UK and the EU with all of their bureaucracy can’t protect you from a bum car like in “Wild West” America. If I got a bad car I’d be texting my sales guy telling him this car needs to go back and I’d probably be getting a discount off the next one because they literally have zero leverage to negotiate when they’ve sold you a lemon.

Your experience also isn’t exclusive to the Taycan as Tesla Model S screens may be all doomed to imminent failure as well. See here:

From what I can tell there’s quite a bit more innovation that’s been invested in the driving aspects of the Taycan than any other EV. The software improvements can always come later assuming the hardware can handle it. This is readily evident if you know the FSD saga with Tesla. 3 years later and still not even close.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see earlier units that they produced needing a recall or warranty to upgrade the hardware. There’s no doubt that Porsche is taking a huge loss by bringing this product to market so quickly and if you want to hate on it you should just go buy a Tesla or an ICE car instead and see how that makes you feel. I don’t see any other EV that compares so to me there’s not much you can complain about as an early adopter other than perhaps your dealer experience and that’s between you, the dealer, and Porsche. If you’re like most people who have been burned by early adoption you learn your lesson and just wait a year or two rather than rushing it. I was ready to buy 2 Defenders and decided it probably wasn’t worth the headaches and ended up getting a killer deal on a 4S.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Regardless of what car you buy if it is giving you chronic problems you should take it back. In the US lemon laws protect consumers in most states from having to keep a vehicle that has failed multiple attempts at repair. I don’t know what the situation is like where you are but you should’ve asked them to replace the entire car rather than live with the problems. It seems laughable that the UK and the EU with all of their bureaucracy can’t protect you from a bum car like in “Wild West” America. If I got a bad car I’d be texting my sales guy telling him this car needs to go back and I’d probably be getting a discount off the next one because they literally have zero leverage to negotiate when they’ve sold you a lemon.

Your experience also isn’t exclusive to the Taycan as Tesla Model S screens may be all doomed to imminent failure as well. See here:

From what I can tell there’s quite a bit more innovation that’s been invested in the driving aspects of the Taycan than any other EV. The software improvements can always come later assuming the hardware can handle it. This is readily evident if you know the FSD saga with Tesla. 3 years later and still not even close.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see earlier units that they produced needing a recall or warranty to upgrade the hardware. There’s no doubt that Porsche is taking a huge loss by bringing this product to market so quickly and if you want to hate on it you should just go buy a Tesla or an ICE car instead and see how that makes you feel. I don’t see any other EV that compares so to me there’s not much you can complain about as an early adopter other than perhaps your dealer experience and that’s between you, the dealer, and Porsche. If you’re like most people who have been burned by early adoption you learn your lesson and just wait a year or two rather than rushing it. I was ready to buy 2 Defenders and decided it probably wasn’t worth the headaches and ended up getting a killer deal on a 4S.
hi, I’m driving a Taycan for over 8 months now and was asking myself if other Taycan owners have the same issues as I have.
over all the months I faced a lot of problems with my Taycan. Mainly software and battery problems. Actually I had several dangerous incidents driving this trouble car. It totally react wrong on several occasions and the reaction invoked a dangerous reaction for me and other people.
does someone know when a software update will happen? I don’t get any reaction from Porsche.

the range of my battery went from 460km to 320km. Porsche told me it’s because of the cold. I can tell the cold in Europe is over and the range stay at 320km and it’s even increasing fron month to month.
does anybody know how I can explain this and try to get a refund or at least a decent price for my car.
I’m willing to sell it with some loss but not the big loss as somebody proposed me to do.

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi, I’m driving a Taycan for over 8 months now and was asking myself if other Taycan owners have the same issues as I have.
over all the months I faced a lot of problems with my Taycan. Mainly software and battery problems. Actually I had several dangerous incidents driving this trouble car. It totally react wrong on several occasions and the reaction invoked a dangerous reaction for me and other people.
does someone know when a software update will happen? I don’t get any reaction from Porsche.

the range of my battery went from 460km to 320km. Porsche told me it’s because of the cold. I can tell the cold in Europe is over and the range stay at 320km and it’s even increasing fron month to month.
does anybody know how I can explain this and try to get a refund or at least a decent price for my car.
I’m willing to sell it with some loss but not the big loss as somebody proposed me to do.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I owned a Taycan for six months. I had nothing but issues. Porsche “support “ does not. Always blame the virus. I sold and lost $40K but life is too short to drive this miserable excuse for a car.

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,

I received my 2021 Taycan 4S on 4/2/2021 and 2 weeks in on 4/18, I had a RED message pop up on the control panel saying "Motor Control Error. Stop Vehicle in a safe place." The car stopped in the middle of a busy highway in Los Angeles! I had to turn my car off and turn it back on and it came back on! I took it to the dealer, they kept it for 2 days and told me they found an old error and it shouldnt happen again. Well Guess what! It happened again. Same error message car completely shut off in the middle of the highway. Has anyone ever had this happen. Porsche keeps saying they have no idea!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Why are you posting about this under multiple usernames? It seems like you already found the thread regarding this problem and posted under another similar username.

Hello All,

I received my 2021 Taycan 4S on 4/2/2021 and 2 weeks in on 4/18, I had a RED message pop up on the control panel saying "Motor Control Error. Stop Vehicle in a safe place." The car stopped in the middle of a busy highway in Los Angeles! I had to turn my car off and turn it back on and it came back on! I took it to the dealer, they kept it for 2 days and told me they found an old error and it shouldnt happen again. Well Guess what! It happened again. Same error message car completely shut off in the middle of the highway. Has anyone ever had this happen. Porsche keeps saying they have no idea!

·
Registered
919 Posts
Hello All,

Did they say what the "old error" was the first time they looked at your car?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Toucan S+ 12.000 km from 10-2020 paid 150k euro. Window not closing good you need to pull with your hand. Broken electric poort part. Charging issue sometimes it work sometimes not like Russian roulette. Strange noises from wheels on front. Range 472 but max 200 km if you play music and use heating seats. USB ports sometime it works sometime not. Only apple car play from usb-poort A with cable otherwise not working, also with cable most of the time not working. And manny other strange thing. Good idea to buy electric porsche you live the car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts