Taycan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my VIN for the Taycan Turbo and with it a clear $ number from State Farm with a multi-car/Home Owners bundle: $1072/6months = ~$178 p/month.

As per my State Farm Rep.. the car is new on the market and they go by dollar amount of the car in its 1st yr of insurance, in my case ~ $198k. Insurance amount will differ in yr 2 as there will be much more data for State Farm to work with about the car that might have a lowering or increasing effect of the premium come renewal.

This is State Farm and my insurance history specific .. can't speak for your insurance history/provider.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Finally got my VIN for the Taycan Turbo and with it a clear $ number from State Farm with a multi-car/Home Owners bundle: $1072/6months = ~$178 p/month.

As per my State Farm Rep.. the car is new on the market and they go by dollar amount of the car in its 1st yr of insurance, in my case ~ $198k. Insurance amount will differ in yr 2 as there will be much more data for State Farm to work with about the car that might have a lowering or increasing effect of the premium come renewal.

This is State Farm and my insurance history specific .. can't speak for your insurance history/provider.
Do you

Do you mind letting us know which state you live in, as that makes a big difference. I too have State Farm and they quoted me $1,300/6 months on my Taycan Turbo (MSRP $169,900) in California.

·
Registered
817 Posts

Thanks for sharing the part about how they calculated the dollar amount. I'm curious to see if other providers do this as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
USAA just quoted me $2500 for 6 months in Long Island, NY. Well above the $1600 i was paying for my Tesla S100d. Any other NYers have quotes?

·
Registered
14 Posts
$1,460 per year in Central Virginia, State Farm for a Turbo w/MSRP @ $194,182. I’m an older fa** with good driver discount (no accidents or violations), would hate to see the number for a younger driver with a history. For comparison, I’m currently paying $1,030 annually for a 2019 Tesla S, and $904 for a 2018 991.2 GTS. Both cars were traded in, so the way I see it, it’s money in the bank 😁

1 - 8 of 8 Posts