Taycan Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I just got the Taycan back...here is the verdict: it is due to a software glitch...technical dept from Germany has instructed local dealer on how to update the system so the new 12v battery will not have the same issue. It is driven as usual on the way back home and I will let you guys know if anything comes up again....fingers crossed...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Guys, not sure you if you guys head of this scenario or not...I bought one about four weeks ago and drove about 1000 miles. When I try to start it few hours ago, the car has no response to the key whatsoever...it is 80% charged....

I will have the dealership get it towed and check it out...but it is weird to see this happen on a brand new car...

Have you heard of this situation before?
I do have the same issue & currently, my car is with the dealer for over 7 days. Once I find the problem. I will update you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I do have the same issue & currently, my car is with the dealer for over 7 days. Once I find the problem. I will update you.
it took about 12 days to get my battery delivered to the dealer and about an hour to install...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
it is driving fine yesterday on the way back home... i hope no more such cases for other porschers since it did damp the love for this fun car....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I do hope that this ends your problem. I'm waiting for mine to be fixed but I'm kind of disappointed and my self-esteem has gone down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
did they give you reason why it dropped dead? my dealership did not say too much just swapped it with new one and updated the software...so far, it has been good for the past week or so...
I glad you were able to swap it with New one. My car is still at the shop and they are saying that they would have to wait till the release sign from a head quarter. Honestly, I do want to be swapped it just like you. Unfortunately, my dealer does not have the Turbo S taycan:(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I glad you were able to swap it with New one. My car is still at the shop and they are saying that they would have to wait till the release sign from a head quarter. Honestly, I do want to be swapped it just like you. Unfortunately, my dealer does not have the Turbo S taycan:(
South Orlando Porsche dealer ordered a new battery and being shipped over to replaced the dead one. It is not a swap with another new car. request them to order new one...It will take about 12 days to get the 12v and installed. Wish you luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you for your clarification.

I do hope that replacing a new battery will resolve the problem for you and me:)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts