Taycan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I just got the Taycan back...here is the verdict: it is due to a software glitch...technical dept from Germany has instructed local dealer on how to update the system so the new 12v battery will not have the same issue. It is driven as usual on the way back home and I will let you guys know if anything comes up again....fingers crossed...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Guys, not sure you if you guys head of this scenario or not...I bought one about four weeks ago and drove about 1000 miles. When I try to start it few hours ago, the car has no response to the key whatsoever...it is 80% charged....

I will have the dealership get it towed and check it out...but it is weird to see this happen on a brand new car...

Have you heard of this situation before?
I do have the same issue & currently, my car is with the dealer for over 7 days. Once I find the problem. I will update you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
it is driving fine yesterday on the way back home... i hope no more such cases for other porschers since it did damp the love for this fun car....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I do hope that this ends your problem. I'm waiting for mine to be fixed but I'm kind of disappointed and my self-esteem has gone down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
did they give you reason why it dropped dead? my dealership did not say too much just swapped it with new one and updated the software...so far, it has been good for the past week or so...
I glad you were able to swap it with New one. My car is still at the shop and they are saying that they would have to wait till the release sign from a head quarter. Honestly, I do want to be swapped it just like you. Unfortunately, my dealer does not have the Turbo S taycan:(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I glad you were able to swap it with New one. My car is still at the shop and they are saying that they would have to wait till the release sign from a head quarter. Honestly, I do want to be swapped it just like you. Unfortunately, my dealer does not have the Turbo S taycan:(
South Orlando Porsche dealer ordered a new battery and being shipped over to replaced the dead one. It is not a swap with another new car. request them to order new one...It will take about 12 days to get the 12v and installed. Wish you luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Guys, not sure you if you guys head of this scenario or not...I bought one about four weeks ago and drove about 1000 miles. When I try to start it few hours ago, the car has no response to the key whatsoever...it is 80% charged....

I will have the dealership get it towed and check it out...but it is weird to see this happen on a brand new car...

Have you heard of this situation before?
Happened to me the other day. I was given no advice as to how to jump to get the hood open and then to jump the 12v battery. Instead service rep from dealer told the tow driver to "Just drag it". For $200k? I don't think so!
It is at dealer now as I found on my own how to access jump starting components and was able to drive it onto a trailer. BTW, the "Drag it" comment came from both 1-800-porsche AND service writer at Porsche of Omaha (Nebraska).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Working on it , it is still at dealers I driveable they are waiting for the part
And working with Porsche USA of course everyone says it hasn’t broke 3 times so no lemon law . But 24 hours
after I purchased it ! That’s terrible
Mine has broken down three times in the middle of traffic abruptly! Going on 67 days at the dealer, still not repaired. I I think this model deserves a class action lawsuit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Mine has broken down three times in the middle of traffic abruptly! Going on 67 days at the dealer, still not repaired. I I think this model deserves a class action lawsuit.
Man...sorry to hear that...you may want to talk to an attorney and you should be qualified for the Lemon Law protection...my car is running fine after repair at 1000 mile and I have driven it about 40 miles per day since then.

·
Registered
'17 Model S, '20 Taycan 4S, '12 Mercedes 450GL
20 Posts
Picked up our Taycan 4S in mid July, and had an issue a week ago where the 12V battery went dead while it was connected to the Porsche Mobile Charger in our garage. The dealer had me bring the charger in as well as having Porsche Roadside Service tow the car. It turns out there is a setting in the charger (maybe in the car as well) where the car tries to communicate to Porsche via the charger, which does not work in the US, but evidently can do so in Europe. As it repeatedly tries to connect it runs down the 12V battery. There are instructions in the car's manual about jumping the battery enough to open the hood, and then you can charge the 12V battery, which is also mentioned above (either in this thread or another). As a result I've invested in a jump starter, also mentioned elsewhere in this thread (NOCO Boost HD GB70 2000 Amp). It's strange to hear different stories about the 12V battery from different dealers. I'm wondering if it's a knowledge issue, debugging/issue identification issue, or if the batteries and software really have multiple issues/bugs.

First time this has happened to us, though previously, before a software update at the dealer, we had issues with charging at various Electrify America and other charging stations. Have seen various other glitches in the software relating to CarPlay and various audio components. Other issues have been minor. And in the months of Nov & Dec this year we've had the Mercedes GL450 into the dealer for almost 3 weeks waiting on a new battery (2012 model, so not unexpected), and the Tesla Model S in for a week because updates kept failing (turns out it was a corrupt file somewhere).

Still loving the car. I work in high tech so have not been surprised at the early adopter software issues, especially having owned a Tesla for 3 years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Picked up our Taycan 4S in mid July, and had an issue a week ago where the 12V battery went dead while it was connected to the Porsche Mobile Charger in our garage. The dealer had me bring the charger in as well as having Porsche Roadside Service tow the car. It turns out there is a setting in the charger (maybe in the car as well) where the car tries to communicate to Porsche via the charger, which does not work in the US, but evidently can do so in Europe. As it repeatedly tries to connect it runs down the 12V battery. There are instructions in the car's manual about jumping the battery enough to open the hood, and then you can charge the 12V battery, which is also mentioned above (either in this thread or another). As a result I've invested in a jump starter, also mentioned elsewhere in this thread (NOCO Boost HD GB70 2000 Amp). It's strange to hear different stories about the 12V battery from different dealers. I'm wondering if it's a knowledge issue, debugging/issue identification issue, or if the batteries and software really have multiple issues/bugs.

First time this has happened to us, though previously, before a software update at the dealer, we had issues with charging at various Electrify America and other charging stations. Have seen various other glitches in the software relating to CarPlay and various audio components. Other issues have been minor. And in the months of Nov & Dec this year we've had the Mercedes GL450 into the dealer for almost 3 weeks waiting on a new battery (2012 model, so not unexpected), and the Tesla Model S in for a week because updates kept failing (turns out it was a corrupt file somewhere).

Still loving the car. I work in high tech so have not been surprised at the early adopter software issues, especially having owned a Tesla for 3 years.
Got that same "dead car" issue twice in two months with my Taycan Turbo in my garage. Fortunately, I was able to access the car via the emergency key, then open the hood, then jumpstart the car with my other's car battery and it solved the problem twice.

What Porsche asked me to do so far is to disconnect the car from the charger as soon as the charging process is completed. They indeed believe it's linked to something that drains the 12V battery down when the car stays connected to the charger for too long with no charging in progress. I've been doing that for a couple of months now as it works fine for me.

I also had issues with charging at various Ionity charging stations last summer. The car wouldn't lock the cable into the DC charging port. And some issues with services that use the internet.

Still loving the car too!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Working on it , it is still at dealers I driveable they are waiting for the part
And working with Porsche USA of course everyone says it hasn’t broke 3 times so no lemon law . But 24 hours after I purchased it ! That’s terrible
the exact same thing happened to me too. 24 hours of after I bought the car it was dead on the charger.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Taycan 4S sitting dead in the garage right now. Pulled in fine two nights ago with 150 miles left on the battery and plugged it in. When went to take the car last night the charger was glowing red and the car itself was completely dead. Can't unlock the doors, can't unplug the charging cable. Pathetic situation for a car this expensive. To add salt to the wound, I called Porsche roadside assistance last night and set up a pickup for this morning only to find out this morning that they had lost the request. Another 3 hours blown. Unbelievably disappointing. This, combined with the unforgivably clunky digital interface, has got me pretty down on the car altogether. Shouldn't have bought a first edition.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts