Taycan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, not sure you if you guys head of this scenario or not...I bought one about four weeks ago and drove about 1000 miles. When I try to start it few hours ago, the car has no response to the key whatsoever...it is 80% charged....

I will have the dealership get it towed and check it out...but it is weird to see this happen on a brand new car...

Have you heard of this situation before?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi Guys, not sure you if you guys head of this scenario or not...I bought one about four weeks ago and drove about 1000 miles. When I try to start it few hours ago, the car has no response to the key whatsoever...it is 80% charged....

I will have the dealership get it towed and check it out...but it is weird to see this happen on a brand new car...

Have you heard of this situation before?
were you able to get into the car via the mechanical key inside of the door handles and tried the "start" button?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, i have tried...i was able to twist the key for a little over 180 degrees and can head click on both directions but the door is still locked. luckily i am not traveling...

·
Registered
160 Posts
I did actually after second try but there is no response from any button. 15v battery issue?
there was a post on the FB Taycan group about something similar .. the car was charging and completely shut down and somehow "stolen mode" activated itself.. it may or may not be your issue but that is the best case scenario on your end atm

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks a lot for the screen shot...I was thinking that 12v battery should be the top suspect...I had tesla X and its 15v battery drains fast and gave me some griefs in the past...dealer will tow the car tmr and i will share with you what happened for future buyers' reference.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it was towed this morning after switching to a different tow truck..we later found out the front wheel is not locked, so we can push the car out of garage while having rear wheels on a dolly..left millions of oil stains by the tow truck in my front yard...looks horrible. I have to push this brand new $166k car to the curb to hook it up to the tow truck..no a good experience (i say it politely...)...

·
Registered
160 Posts
it was towed this morning after switching to a different tow truck..we later found out the front wheel is not locked, so we can push the car out of garage while having rear wheels on a dolly..left millions of oil stains by the tow truck in my front yard...looks horrible. I have to push this brand new $166k car to the curb to hook it up to the tow truck..no a good experience (i say it politely...)...
View attachment 2198
View attachment 2197
wow .. yea there been forum and FB posts about all wheel lock. Always best to put the Taycan on dollys and shelp it up onto a flatbed. Curious to see what Porsche comes back with on the issue. keep us posted.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Could you unlock the car with the key fob or was it dead? The 12 V battery may have discharged. There is a bug that lets the 12 V battery get discharged if the car is accessed wirelessly during charging. Pleae keep us posted.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Could you unlock the car with the key fob or was it dead? The 12 V battery may have discharged. There is a bug that lets the 12 V battery get discharged if the car is accessed wirelessly during charging. Pleae keep us posted.
Yes, I was able to get in using the physical key but no response whatsoever from any button... I charged it two days before it went dead when it was just sitting in my garage. i have not driven that car that much at all and the 12v battery did not give me any warning sign when I was driving it for a 3 mile trip around 4pm before it went dead in the late afternoon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As of today, dealership only say they know the 12v battery being shorted mysteriously but they have no clue how it happened. They are ordering a new one from Germany...well, i am not sure if this issue will happen again either it is of mechanical/electrical or software issue.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dealer just told me the battery is in back order and may take few weeks to get one and then shipped to the US...that really sucks...what a nice experience!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
dealer just told me the battery is in back order and may take few weeks to get one and then shipped to the US...that really sucks...what a nice experience!!!
I suggest you call up a couple other Porsche dealerships and ask if they have a spare battery laying around in service inventory, if they do, get it, or have your dealership connect with the other dealership and get the battery accordingly. I did plenty of legwork in the past contacting other dealerships and their service dept to source parts quicker with that method

·
Registered
18 Posts
There’s (probably) nothing wrong with the 12v battery. If it can be recharged, then it is fine. It’s a bug in the car’s software that drains the 12v battery.

Just make sure your dealership reports it to TechLine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what the Services Dept Mgr told me is that they entered all info in the system and repairs it under the instruction from German Techs... my tesla x was once drained in about 3 months without being used or charged and i have to replace the 15v battery too... tesla drains battery fast in a speed of 5 miles a day, especially in cold weather.

·
Registered
4 Posts
wow .. yea there been forum and FB posts about all wheel lock. Always best to put the Taycan on dollys and shelp it up onto a flatbed. Curious to see what Porsche comes back with on the issue. keep us posted.
The same thing happened to me after 200 miles only owning the car for 24 hours ! It was a nightmare. The dealership put most the miles on . Now Porsche says it’s the Charging station fault that broke between the charger and the battery .
I don’t want these problems! Give me another Porsche that is good old fashion gas

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
are you successful in exchanging it? i am using the Porsche mobile connect wall unit charged with 220v-240v power outlet newly installed...i doubt it is due to charger...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Working on it , it is still at dealers I driveable they are waiting for the part
And working with Porsche USA of course everyone says it hasn’t broke 3 times so no lemon law . But 24 hours after I purchased it ! That’s terrible

1 - 20 of 33 Posts