Taycan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I increase my Taycan 4S HP up to the Turbo and Turbo S?

The Taycan 4S has de option of the Performance Battery Plus, which as far as I understand is the same Battery Package of the Taycan Turbo and Turbo S models. That said, since we all know that there is No such things as Turbo in this EV’s, I wonder if a Taycan 4S with the Performance Battery Plus option could be programed to get the same Horse Power as the Turbo and Turbo S. Having the same Battery package, is it a programing hype or is it that the actual EV Motor itself on the Turbo and Turbo S is different and hence the additional 200 plus HP.

what say You forum members?

·
Registered
119 Posts
The 4 S has a smaller rear motor along with less powerful inverters front and rear. No free lunch I'm afraid.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 4 S has a smaller rear motor along with less powerful inverters front and rear. No free lunch I'm afraid.
Thank You. Anyway I am Pretty sure that at some point , if not already, someone out there will create a software upgrade that will give it some additional HP with the Hardware it has. the option would had been to spend another $40 to $60K, for the Turbo and Turbo S nomenclature (Non Turbos EV’s) and that is an expensive lunch.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thank You. Anyway I am Pretty sure that at some point , if not already, someone out there will create a software upgrade that will give it some additional HP with the Hardware it has. the option would had been to spend another $40 to $60K, for the Turbo and Turbo S nomenclature (Non Turbos EV’s) and that is an expensive lunch.
They might be able to get an additional 50 hp, but it won't convert the 4s into a Turbo. I just don't think the aftermarket software 'tweaks' will happen for a Porsche that will give you a basically undetectable increase but void your warranty.

·
Registered
26 Posts
They might be able to get an additional 50 hp, but it won't convert the 4s into a Turbo. I just don't think the aftermarket software 'tweaks' will happen for a Porsche that will give you a basically undetectable increase but void your warranty.
I would guess that tweaking the software would seriously affect the battery performance. Having had a Tesla for 7 years I had always felt that you went faster by having a bigger battery. Trying to get more HP our of a fixed battery size is bound to stress the battery, shorten its life, affect repeat performance and basically weaken your car. At least that had been the case to date with EV's. Porsche reliability and performance has always come from engineering a motor to perform well within it's "safe" range. Messing with battery software seem very unlike Porsche.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts