Taycan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this issue today but my dealer was able to correct it. See below.

Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Paper
Font Material property Pattern Parallel Design

Reactions: ICU

·
Registered
2021 Taycan RWD, Cherry Red Metallic
15 Posts
I had this happen as well and fortunately found this fix online. Another weird PCM bug!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Interesting, when I had the issue a software patch was installed in the car and it fixed the issue. I am curious, now that it is fixed, have either of you noticed an occasional warning notification at start up to "Check XM Antenna". I just brought my car in for, amongst a few other items, this error warning.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had this happen as well and fortunately found this fix online. Another weird PCM bug!
Glad you were able to get it fixed.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting, when I had the issue a software patch was installed in the car and it fixed the issue. I am curious, now that it is fixed, have either of you noticed an occasional warning notification at start up to "Check XM Antenna". I just brought my car in for, amongst a few other items, this error warning.
No I have not seen that notification.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have this notification recently and Sirus xm still goes to the preview channel? how you guys fixed it I don't want to go the dealer if I can do it online. any thoughts?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have this notification recently and Sirus xm still goes to the preview channel? how you guys fixed it I don't want to go the dealer if I can do it online. any thoughts?
I have continued to get my subscription even withe the notification. My vehicle is being looked on now and I will advise when it is returned to me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I followed the steps above and it seems this fixed the issue I was getting. Meanwhile, with the steps above, I had to reprogram the diamond at the steering to SIRUS. I had it before for front camera, for parking. But I can live with the diamond being SIRUS XM, no problem as far this issue stays fixed

·
Registered
2021 Taycan RWD, Cherry Red Metallic
15 Posts
You can change the diamond back after you've fixed Sirius. I did.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Today SIRUS did it again despite the instruction above. After firing up the car, SIRUS " check antenna message", came in and I have to agree to subscription at the PCM. Only after agreeing, the subscription channel came on plays and I was able to change the channel. So annoying !! How Porsche can't fix this nonsense bug till now

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My issue was different. When the car was tuned on all a got was loading and they radio never came on. The work around has worked for me so far. Hope you get your issue resolved soon.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its been several days since they did the work around and everything is function properly.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its been weeks now since the work around and my Sirius XM is still functioning properly.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mine, still has the same issue. Have to agree to the subscription channel for SIRUS to work, every time the car is turned on. Took it the dealer and they weren't able to fix it. its annoying but nothing I can do.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mine, still has the same issue. Have to agree to the subscription channel for SIRUS to work, every time the car is turned on. Took it the dealer and they weren't able to fix it. its annoying but nothing I can do.
My issue was slightly different. When the car started up Sirius would never booth up at all. It just kept saying loading.

·
Registered
85 Posts
A quick update on this issue. Apparently, it is annoying and finally got resolved. This what I learn throughout this process. So my 3 months free subscription was coming to an end, and despite I purchased an additional year of SIRUS subscription to start on the last day of the free subscription, I still got all these nonsense of trial end notification and SIRUS preview channel and I had to agree to the terms before to listen to any channel in addition to "check SIRUS antenna"....etc. I tried the work around mentioned here to program the diamond button at the Steering wheel and didn't work! Also, I took it to the dealer to find out why all these issues and the dealer had no clue other than this work around diamond thing. They were not able to do anything and the issue persisted even after they "updated the radio at PCM". Therefore, I called SIRUS technical support and spend 50 minutes on the phone trying to explain the issue, they sent a refresh signal and another code to deactivate this notification for the free subscription end. I even suggested to cancel the account and stat a new account for the year I paid it. However, all this didn't work as well. Finally my day of the free subscription came to the end last week and my regular subscription started and suddenly it is all good 👍 without any notifications, terms to agree to, and my Sirus favorite channel finally got saved and stayed on every time I turn the car off.

Bottom line, if you ever experience this nonsense, the simple answer is "do nothing and wait" till your official subscription date comes in. Enjoy!! 😉

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Glad you got it resolved.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts