Taycan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking at "Track my Dream" website, my Taycan (RWD) is scheduled for production on 7/30 and the end of production scheduled for 8/27. Does it take one month to produce a Taycan ? Can somebody share their experience with their production time? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
880 Posts
My 2021 Taycan 4S went into production on 12/02/2020 and completed production on 12/17/2020. It entered Port Emden on 12/18/2020 and arrived at Port Jacksonville on 1/19/2021. It exited Port Jacksonville on 1/27/2021 and arrived at my dealer on 1/28/2021. The reason it only took a day from Port Jacksonville is I live just up the road in Georgia. Hope this answers your question.

Reactions: whitex

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 2021 Taycan 4S went into production on 12/02/2020 and completed production on 12/17/2020. It entered Port Emden on 12/18/2020 and arrived at Port Jacksonville on 1/19/2021. It exited Port Jacksonville on 1/27/2021 and arrived at my dealer on 1/28/2021. The reason it only took a day from Port Jacksonville is I live just up the road in Georgia. Hope this answers your question.
Great!! Thank you for your message. I see it is around a week from starting and ending production. Good to know. I hope you are enjoying your Taycan. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
880 Posts
Great!! Thank you for your message. I see it is around a week from starting and ending production. Good to know. I hope you are enjoying your Taycan. Thanks
You are very welcome and yes I am enjoying my Taycan more than I thought I would.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Excellent detailed video. Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed it.
If you don’t mind some repetition, there is another video I posted under:

home/forums/other porsche models/porsche macan electric

called Making Macans

that shows much better the ‘just in time’ inventory management and has a really good look at how they custom make every car to order. One great example of ‘just in time‘ manufacturing: the entire dashboard is made at another site and trucked in. A truckload of ‘cockpits,’ each built to the specific customer spec, is delivered within 4 hours of every one being built into a car. Another: there are 150 variations of seatbelts! The video is 48 minutes long.

One thing the Macan video answers that the Taycan video did not is how long it takes to make one: just over 24 hours.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
880 Posts
Thanks for sharing that

·
Registered
33 Posts
Your mileage may vary. My date keeps getting pushed back as it has been at the Emden port for 10 days already, and the expected date at PEC ATL gets moved back as well. I assume parts still needed, but who knows.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
880 Posts
Your mileage may vary. My date keeps getting pushed back as it has been at the Emden port for 10 days already, and the expected date at PEC ATL gets moved back as well. I assume parts still needed, but who knows.
When I visited my dealer recently they told me shipments were delayed because of container shortages so it may not be parts holding up your car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I Just checked my Porsche "track my dream" and my Taycan is scheduled to start production on 7/30 and the end production day has now been extended to 9/3 so literally more than one month to build my Taycan. I have heard others with a shorter production time. Have anyone experience the same problem? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
880 Posts
My 4S started production on 12/02/2020 and finished on 12/17/2020 or 15 days. I don't think the parts issues were as sever back then which could be causing the longer times today.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I Just checked my Porsche "track my dream" and my Taycan is scheduled to start production on 7/30 and the end production day has now been extended to 9/3 so literally more than one month to build my Taycan. I have heard others with a shorter production time. Have anyone experience the same problem? Thanks
It is a poor web interface that led you to this conclusion. Your milestone is that your car has started scheduling of production date. I thought the same thing today when I looked at my TYD and it says the same thing. By clicking on the next buttons on the timeline I determined that it is estimated that the scheduling of production will be finished on the 30th, but production itself is estimated to start on 27 August, with production complete estimated at 3 Sept … and there are more estimated dates after that. Estimated 11 days between arriving at port in Germany and being placed upon a ship, 21 days later it might enter the port channel here in CA, and then in a flurry of activity is is supposed to end up at the dealership the same day. 94 days almost seems close.

It is seeming that the floods in Germany are not changing the schedule in a serious way, but I suppose even that is a function of the options in your build order.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It is a poor web interface that led you to this conclusion. Your milestone is that your car has started scheduling of production date. I thought the same thing today when I looked at my TYD and it says the same thing. By clicking on the next buttons on the timeline I determined that it is estimated that the scheduling of production will be finished on the 30th, but production itself is estimated to start on 27 August, with production complete estimated at 3 Sept … and there are more estimated dates after that. Estimated 11 days between arriving at port in Germany and being placed upon a ship, 21 days later it might enter the port channel here in CA, and then in a flurry of activity is is supposed to end up at the dealership the same day. 94 days almost seems close.

It is seeming that the floods in Germany are not changing the schedule in a serious way, but I suppose even that is a function of the options in your build order.
Sorry I messed up my math! over a month to get here on the boat.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Updated 8/5/2021 - Here were my dates for reference:

Order Created: 6/28/2021 (this would be the date my dealer modified their allocation build as I put the deposit down 6/25/2021).
Change Freeze Point: 6/16/2021
Scheduled for Production: 6/30/2021
Start Production: 7/7/2021
Production Completed-CP8.0: 7/13/2021
Ready for Transport: 7/13/2021
In Transit to Emden Port: 7/14/2021
Arrival Emden Port: 7/15/2021
On Vessel: 7/21/2021 (Siem Aristotle)
All of these dates were dead on till this point.

TYD just sat unchanged as the ship sat in port and finally left port 7/30/2021 (TYD had it leaving earlier, but it did not).

Vessel Entering Port Channel (Jacksonville, FL) listed as 8/14/2021 (appears accurate based on the VW shipping report).

However, TYD shows Port Processing as 8/6/2021 (cannot happen if the ship does not arrive until 8/14/2021) and Arrival Porsche Dealer 8/13/2021 (again cannot happen if the ship does not arrive till 8/14/2021.

Vessel Entering Port Channel: Scheduled for 8/7/2021

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
880 Posts
Here were my dates for reference:

Order Created: 6/28/2021 (this would be the date my dealer modified their allocation build as I put the deposit down 6/25/2021).
Change Freeze Point: 6/16/2021
Scheduled for Production: 6/30/2021
Start Production: 7/7/2021
Production Completed-CP8.0: 7/13/2021
Ready for Transport: 7/13/2021
In Transit to Emden Port: 7/14/2021
Arrival Emden Port: 7/15/2021
On Vessel: 7/21/2021 (Siem Aristotle)

All of these dates were dead on.

Vessel Entering Port Channel: Scheduled for 8/7/2021
When do you expect delivery to your dealer?

·
Registered
29 Posts
When do you expect delivery to your dealer?
When I put the deposit down on 6/25/2021, they said the expected delivery was 9/3/2021. My salesman said his Cayman was 2-3 days to the dealership after it arrived at the port. DGT on the other forums said TYD uses "Friday's" for future milestones which is true in my case and I typically see changes on Friday's.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
880 Posts
So it looks like it going to be early?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
880 Posts
If the ship would leave port; yes! Supposedly it goes to Halifax, then RI, then Jacksonville where it is a 3 hour truck ride to my dealer.
Fingers crossed!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts