Taycan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm awaiting delivery of my Taycan this weekend.

Wondering what your experiences have been regarding needed servicing. What has been the nature of your problems, what was your experience getting them fixed including how long you were without your car.

I'm interested because I'm having my salesman (in another state) thoroughly check out my Taycan before he gives it to the shipper, so I'd like to have him look at specific issues so that I don't receive a vehicle that's in need of service right from the start.

· Registered
2020 Taycan 4S with Performance Battery
14 Posts
I'm awaiting delivery of my Taycan this weekend.

Wondering what your experiences have been regarding needed servicing. What has been the nature of your problems, what was your experience getting them fixed including how long you were without your car.

I'm interested because I'm having my salesman (in another state) thoroughly check out my Taycan before he gives it to the shipper, so I'd like to have him look at specific issues so that I don't receive a vehicle that's in need of service right from the start.
My 2020 4S has about 25,000 miles and no service issues at all, except for the several software updates. I did need a windshield replacement. It was cracked but still drivable, and we waited quite a while for one to arrive. The car is absolutely worth a few inconveniences.

· Registered
2012 Cayenne S | 2020 Taycan Turbo
98 Posts
My 2020 Taycan Turbo has had a couple of software updates that required a visit to the Porsche Dealership, and other than that, it hasn’t had any significant problems. That said, I recently discovered that the inside edge of each of the 4 tires were totally worn after just 12,500 miles so I suspect the alignment of the vehicle was not quite right when it came out of the factory. The only other thing I can think of is that at my local Porsche Dealership, only a small portion of the Service Technicians are trained and certified to work on the Taycan. That technician shortage makes getting a service appointment on short notice pretty much impossible. All things considered, my Taycan is by far the best car I’ve ever owned and I recommend the Taycan to anyone and everyone who can afford (the well deserved) premium price Porsche puts on it!

· Registered
158 Posts
My 19 inch front all season tires wore out at 12,000 miles on my 4 S. I had an alignment done at my regular alignment shop, the toe was slightly off front and rear. The rear tires may make it to 20,000. The tires carry no mileage warranty and are staggered so they can't be rotated. I've gotten 42,000 out of a set of all season tires on my Cayenne.

· Registered
2012 Cayenne S | 2020 Taycan Turbo
98 Posts
My 19 inch front all season tires wore out at 12,000 miles on my 4 S. I had an alignment done at my regular alignment shop, the toe was slightly off front and rear. The rear tires may make it to 20,000. The tires carry no mileage warranty and are staggered so they can't be rotated. I've gotten 42,000 out of a set of all season tires on my Cayenne.
You’ve done better with your Cayenne than I’ve done with my 2012 Cayenne S using the factory spec Perelli’s. I usually get about 20K to 22K miles on a tire that’s rated for 40,000 miles. Luckily I buy my tires at Discount Tire who give a mileage warranty so each time my Cayenne tires are worn, I’m able to buy the replacement tires for about half price.

There’s no such mileage warranty available on the Taycan spec Continental tires so it’s looking like tire replacement is going to be my single largest operating expense - - more than insurance, maintenance and electricity (it costs me $0.039 of electricity per mile driven).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts