Taycan Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I told my dealer that I am not going to proceed with my 4S order (March build slot with April delivery plus a $3K discount that sounds too good to be true) so they can give the slot to someone else. I told them that after reading the stories about non-functional Heat Pumps on December 2021 deliveries, PSCB fix still unknown (I am waiting on replacement rotors for our Cayenne 3 months already under TSB), multitude of software issues related to: SOS button red, Porsche Connect registration, Porsche Support wait times, Charger recognition, Key Fob recognition, Radio lost, random Alarm, Vent issues with several I experienced for myself when testing the Base and 4S. I just cannot see me spending $170K all in including proper PPF/Ceramic coating and then dealing with these issues and then ending up in a loaner Macan (we have one already) for possibly weeks while waiting on parts or fixes. I am sure all this will be addressed in time, so my plan is to monitor how happy customers are with their deliveries in 2022 and then make another run at it. There seems to be so much pain and frustration among many so I do not think I can handle it after dealing with Macan issues (transfer case, brake booster, exhaust clamps, and then some) and now 2020 Cayenne issues (PSCB brakes, rear seats leather bubbling, door rattles with Bose, etc). This is while I am reading that Porsche is setting all kinds of sales records for 2021 with Taycan outselling Model S and X combined which means volume is more important than quality.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I told my dealer that I am not going to proceed with my 4S order (March build slot with April delivery plus a $3K discount that sounds too good to be true) so they can give the slot to someone else. I told them that after reading the stories about non-functional Heat Pumps on December 2021 deliveries, PSCB fix still unknown (I am waiting on replacement rotors for our Cayenne 3 months already under TSB), multitude of software issues related to: SOS button red, Porsche Connect registration, Porsche Support wait times, Charger recognition, Key Fob recognition, Radio lost, random Alarm, Vent issues with several I experienced for myself when testing the Base and 4S. I just cannot see me spending $170K all in including proper PPF/Ceramic coating and then dealing with these issues and then ending up in a loaner Macan (we have one already) for possibly weeks while waiting on parts or fixes. I am sure all this will be addressed in time, so my plan is to monitor how happy customers are with their deliveries in 2022 and then make another run at it. There seems to be so much pain and frustration among many so I do not think I can handle it after dealing with Macan issues (transfer case, brake booster, exhaust clamps, and then some) and now 2020 Cayenne issues (PSCB brakes, rear seats leather bubbling, door rattles with Bose, etc). This is while I am reading that Porsche is setting all kinds of sales records for 2021 with Taycan outselling Model S and X combined which means volume is more important than quality.
You made the right decision if this doesn't feel right to you. It could be a product of too much time spent on research and forums. Would you have had a different perspective if you never read anything and maybe your car was fault free upon delivery? Who knows. I've questioned my decision based on some of the posts here, which I'm taking as informative but not prescriptive. I will march on and hope for the best. I understand the car still drives great and if it can charge, play music on SiriusXM, no alarm issue and not break down, that'll be a win for me :) Hoping that's not asking too much....

·
Registered
12 Posts
@ravdey,

This is my view. No one should be making the decision to buy a Taycan uninformed. I may have taken the approach of few having issues which is to be expected per @PassGass point that I fully respect. However, I personally took dealer's 2021 4S once for a city weekend drive around and then on a long multi-day 600-mile trip and it had the "Key not recognized" constantly and the dealer did not care to fix it, so I found a way to keep it in the groove behind the display behind the wheel. Then the 2022 Base I drove would lose XM completely from the PCM and only after 2 restarts it came back. Although, both were registered and should have just Plug and Charge at EA stations, I tried it and it would not charge, so I had to call EA support and they told me to use this trick, just hold the cord, then swipe on the phone to start charging then plug in quickly, so that is what I was doing with both which is not the way it is supposed to work. So that is already 3 things out of your list that I experienced frustration with but found work arounds. I just want to make a point that my decision was based on what I am learning from 2 forums and my personal experience. Also, my dealer is like the worst in terms of caring to learn anything. They do not care and have no reason to care since people just bring them bags of money and do not ask questions like I do. I am just this pesky customer who wants to know everything about what he is buying before paying $170K for a fully loaded 4S and they do not mind telling me this to my face.

·
Registered
2021 CT4S
5 Posts
This is while I am reading that Porsche is setting all kinds of sales records for 2021 with Taycan outselling Model S and X combined which means volume is more important than quality.
While I wouldn't read too much into sales figures (increased volatility due to supply-side fluctuations) I think you are right to follow your gut.

None of my issues are show-stoppers and I would still consider it an excellent car had I not come from a Tesla. Heading in for PPF and ceramic coating next week to keep vehicle condition and value as high as possible, before rotating it back into the market when the Model Y finally hits Australian shores.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Rides really well, performs very well. Seems very well built.

Range is abysmal. PCM has so many glitches. Has been the least reliable Porsche I have ever owned.

I am waiting on the S63e and the AMG EQS. Probably getting close to the time to move on.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts