Taycan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any current Taycan owners able to share what OTA updates we can expect from Porsche? Are they free? Kinda having a rough time getting answers from my dealer.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Any current Taycan owners able to share what OTA updates we can expect from Porsche? Are they free? Kinda having a rough time getting answers from my dealer.
I've rumors that there's an OTA update expected to come sometime in June and that it could include wireless Apple CarPlay. That's when the 4S production ramps up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
German Taycan owners got a letter about upcoming updates via OTA. Just bear in mind that this is not real OTA, as you are required to bring the car to the Porsche Center to have them do the software updates for you. Yup, it's a castrated OTA and they try to explain it with broadband internet connection and complexity of the update.

What's coming is charging improvement and bette calculattion of battery capacity, improvement of Lift-feature, software improvement of PSM, guest profiles can be saved, optimized Park Distance Control, improvement digital cockpit display

Here is the original letter for German Taycan owners and some comments on the OTA:

·
Registered
15 Posts
This sounds like the WLG2 campaign. I had it installed on my vehicle when at the dealer recently in the US. One thing that it does is update the OTA system. Based on the documentation I've seen and even the owners manual, it would appear the car is capable of true systemic OTA updates. If that system had a flaw in it, it makes since they'd need to run this first patch at the dealer. Unlike Tesla, Porsche has a good reputation to maintain in service and maintenance. They'd rather do this the old fashioned way than risk issues rolling out via OTA, especially if they've identified something in the OTA system that needs patching.

·
Registered
819 Posts
A letter from Porsche has popped up that says OTA updates are only used for small patches right now. For large updates, Taycan owners will have to drive over to a Porsche Center to have the update manually loaded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts