Taycan Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi @Lay3r3, I remember reading that your delivery was booked for May. Have you received any updates showing that its still on schedule?
@NINEJONE sorry I managed to unsubscribe and didn't see the question. Mine took a turn for the worst. I got the VIN and then we hit a black hole of information. Dealer was at a loss and pulled in PCNA for help and he told me some information that I was able to find out on my own was bogus. Basically the "everything is shut down but should ship next week" yet I was able to find the shipping partner and confirm no shipments were scheduled for the foreseeable future and it'd probably be May 20 before they have another boat at Emden for Porsche. I pushed back on PCNA letting them know they told me bad information and got moved to a few rounds of no response to more dodging of questions littered with "but covid-19..." I kept reiterating that I am understanding it's a weird time and delays are going to happen but dishonesty about the real data was going to kill the deal. PCNA finally told me to go away and stop pushing for escalations and that I can talk to the dealer from here on out. Never once took responsibility for getting caught in a lie. So I told him to pound sand and that I'm buying a Mclaren that I can get domestically and shipped to me within a month. Dealer asked me to come in and talk this week to try and salvage the sale.

TL;DR: Porsche North America tried to give me an "make him happy" answer I proved to be a lie and the rep won't own it or let me talk to his supervisor so I told them and the dealer I'm canceling my order. Won't take a chance on a first generation product if the manufacturer will not communicate honestly. Dealer trying to salvage the sale before I order the Plan B car. The car is supposed to ship in mid-May.

·
Registered
148 Posts
@NINEJONE sorry I managed to unsubscribe and didn't see the question. Mine took a turn for the worst. I got the VIN and then we hit a black hole of information. Dealer was at a loss and pulled in PCNA for help and he told me some information that I was able to find out on my own was bogus. Basically the "everything is shut down but should ship next week" yet I was able to find the shipping partner and confirm no shipments were scheduled for the foreseeable future and it'd probably be May 20 before they have another boat at Emden for Porsche. I pushed back on PCNA letting them know they told me bad information and got moved to a few rounds of no response to more dodging of questions littered with "but covid-19..." I kept reiterating that I am understanding it's a weird time and delays are going to happen but dishonesty about the real data was going to kill the deal. PCNA finally told me to go away and stop pushing for escalations and that I can talk to the dealer from here on out. Never once took responsibility for getting caught in a lie. So I told him to pound sand and that I'm buying a Mclaren that I can get domestically and shipped to me within a month. Dealer asked me to come in and talk this week to try and salvage the sale.

TL;DR: Porsche North America tried to give me an "make him happy" answer I proved to be a lie and the rep won't own it or let me talk to his supervisor so I told them and the dealer I'm canceling my order. Won't take a chance on a first generation product if the manufacturer will not communicate honestly. Dealer trying to salvage the sale before I order the Plan B car. The car is supposed to ship in mid-May.
My dealer has 400 orders for Taycans waiting to be filled. Its pretty common knowledge that a few cars will trickle in this year but that most won't see any cars until next year.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My dealer has 400 orders for Taycans waiting to be filled. Its pretty common knowledge that a few cars will trickle in this year but that most won't see any cars until next year.
My dealer has 13 stuck with the one I was taking delivery of. So there are a bunch sitting at Emden let alone the order pipeline. I'm quite certain the car I ordered will have no problem finding an owner if he can't turn this around and keep me as a customer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Porsche has executed well in many areas but delivery of new models is not one of them. They had many delays on the initial delivery of 992s to the US market. Once they got past all that they delivered an amazing vehicle. Given the economy the the dealer‘s “wish list” of commited cars will deminish substaintially.
However I’m sure it’s going to be an exercise in patience that will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Porsche has executed well in many areas but delivery of new models is not one of them. They had many delays on the initial delivery of 992s to the US market. Once they got past all that they delivered an amazing vehicle. Given the economy the the dealer‘s “wish list” of commited cars will deminish substaintially.
However I’m sure it’s going to be an exercise in patience that will be worth the wait.
the need for patience is true .. my delivery has been pushed 3 times to date .. May/June and now end of July .. we shall see

·
Registered
1 Posts
I order a turboS on Nov 5th 2019. Got the allocation in first week of March. In june they called me and told i will have the car by the end of July. now is Oct 8th and expecting date at the dealer in Oct 10tt, but tired of these liars.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I order a turboS on Nov 5th 2019. Got the allocation in first week of March. In june they called me and told i will have the car by the end of July. now is Oct 8th and expecting date at the dealer in Oct 10tt, but tired of these liars.
Did you have options that weren’t being made yet? Like the roof?
Your dealer can see where it is in the production line. That will give you an idea of when because you will need to factor in shipping as well. And you can track the boat it’s on - which they can also tell you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Placed my deposit in January 2019 and took delivery of my 4S on July 18 2020. The car has the large battery, all safety electronics, glass roof, etc totaling $30k in extras. Totally worth it and love the car. No issues yet and happy about the ~300 mile range compared to my one of the first Tesla Model S with 256 mile range. My biggest complaint is the slower accelerator pedal response in the Taycan (4S as well as Turbo) compared to the very responsive accelerator response in the Tesla.
TAYCAN.jpeg

101 - 110 of 110 Posts