Porsche Taycan Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
In California, car service is considered an "essential business". The sales department at the local dealership is closed until at least March 30 (awaiting updates) but the parts and service department are open. I believe that they have abbreviated hours but they continue to service cars.

·
Super Moderator
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I suspect they have to be able to service cars. Still, it would be good to know for sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just received my VIN number. The Turbo was completed last week. Waiting for the boat. Since the plant is closed my guess if they’re waiting to fill it before shipment my delivery expected later April will be delayed.
Does a VIN number mean your car is fully built? I just got mine from my dealer today but wasn't sure if that meant its fully built or not?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can anyone tell me if once receiving a VIN number, does it mean your car is fully built? I just got mine from my dealer today but wasn't sure if that meant its fully built or not? Can anyone share their experience?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can anyone tell me if once receiving a VIN number, does it mean your car is fully built? I just got mine from my dealer today but wasn't sure if that meant its fully built or not? Can anyone share their experience?
Hi there, yes .. if you got your VIN that means your car has been built. Porsche does not give out VINs pior to build, only after. Congrats.. you can now do your thing and prep for insurance/ custom plates/ect ..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there, yes .. if you got your VIN that means your car has been built. Porsche does not give out VINs pior to build, only after. Congrats.. you can now do your thing and prep for insurance/ custom plates/ect ..
Thats awesome news!!! Thanks a lot for replying. I guess I can start celebrating real soon.....lol :) ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Found out my Taycan Turbo complete and w/ VIN did not make it out of port yesterday as scheduled. According to my dealer nothing will go out until May when the estimate they will reopen the port. Looks like a late April delivery is now late May or June.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Found out my Taycan Turbo complete and w/ VIN did not make it out of port yesterday as scheduled. According to my dealer nothing will go out until May when the estimate they will reopen the port. Looks like a late April delivery is now late May or June.
My sales dept at my Dealership is shut down until May 4th. My Turbo is stuck on body shop line somewhere in the process atm with eta of June sometime .. pretty much a given the delivery will be delayed on my end as well

·
Registered
21 Posts
Beautiful! I drove the turbo S but could only afford a 4S on discount. When you rolling and it shifts down to 1st and leaps forward, it's quite a shock. At first, I thought I broke the car, then I realized what happened. That can't be too good for that transmission. Being a helicopter research guy, I know about tooth bending.

Chuck

·
Registered
500 Posts
My sales dept at my Dealership is shut down until May 4th. My Turbo is stuck on body shop line somewhere in the process atm with eta of June sometime .. pretty much a given the delivery will be delayed on my end as well
April, May and June are going to be some very important months for Taycan deliveries, especially this month for 4S owners.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts