Porsche Taycan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello All,
I just received my invitation to Porsche Connect with my VIN number for my Taycan Turbo. Dealer delivery date is March 27. I'll post pics soon.
who contacted you, Porsche or the dealer? my car is at the port, if they don't close the ports mine should be here late April.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi richboy,

I received an email from Porsche about Porsche Connect that showed my VIN number. I also received a call from my dealer regarding the delivery date and an email about contacting an electrician about changing my existing 220 volt outlet to a different outlet if necessary. Hope your car arrives on schedule.

·
Registered
17 Posts
888, thanks for the reply.Why did they want you to change your 220 outlet? I have a tesla and had a 220 installed on the opposite side of the garage for the Taycan. wondering why they ask about changing it. it should operate the same as my tesla

·
Registered
12 Posts
You are welcome. They were making sure that the current outlet was a 14/50 with a 60 amp breaker. I have a Tesla so all should be good to go. Just waiting now....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just received my VIN number. The Turbo was completed last week. Waiting for the boat. Since the plant is closed my guess if they’re waiting to fill it before shipment my delivery expected later April will be delayed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m scheduled for May 22 and as of last week still on target. Turbo.

I haven’t gotten those detailed updates though on the steps in production and believe it was supposed to be completed this week heading for the port. Haven’t received anything either on Connect VIN assignment so a little nervous.

·
Super Moderator
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I’m scheduled for May 22 and as of last week still on target. Turbo.

I haven’t gotten those detailed updates though on the steps in production and believe it was supposed to be completed this week heading for the port. Haven’t received anything either on Connect VIN assignment so a little nervous.
That's quite soon. I'd be checking with your dealer to see if it's still on track. Would be curious to know if shipments are coming regardless of the global issues.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's quite soon. I'd be checking with your dealer to see if it's still on track. Would be curious to know if shipments are coming regardless of the global issues.
My car is at the port in Germany. My neighbor/friend ordered a 4S, his car is due this week. He talked to the Porsche rep. and the rep. told him they will deliver all the cars produced. That should mean if your car was done by Friday you should get it.

·
Super Moderator
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
My car is at the port in Germany. My neighbor/friend ordered a 4S, his car is due this week. He talked to the Porsche rep. and the rep. told him they will deliver all the cars produced. That should mean if your car was done by Friday you should get it.
That's good to hear. I'm sure you can't wait!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I checked with the dealer last week and they said it was scheduled to be completed "in the next week" and thought it looked like it would make it out the door. I will follow up this week again (trying to not be too big of a PITA) to check on it. It's going to suck if it's stuck inside the exit door during the shut-down just needing to get to the port. But on the other hand, I'm not overly excited about writing the check for this girl given my investments are down nearly 30%.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been, but the bloom has kind of gone of the rose. Based on watching the stock market takes the fun out of it. Oh well, I'm old and have owned many Porsches, the stock market won't kill me but the virus might. I'm in Dallas Texas, we are supposed to stay in the house. I have a 12 Panamara that I have enjoyed for years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey richboy, my delivery was supposed to be on March 27 but the dealership is closed until at least the 30th. We are under a similar order to “stay home”. I’ve waited this long so a few more days isn’t going to kill me but, like you said, that damn virus could. Stay safe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine was supposed to be 31 Mar but dealer just rang to postpone as they are going into lockdown. May be end Apr now. ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes they are expecting the UK government will close all non essential outlets by Weds. Frustrating as my car has arrived and is being detailed this week, so would have been ready on Monday. But in the context there are more important things to worry about

·
Super Moderator
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yes they are expecting the UK government will close all non essential outlets by Weds. Frustrating as my car has arrived and is being detailed this week, so would have been ready on Monday. But in the context there are more important things to worry about
That sucks, but you're right about there being more important things.

Did your dealerships say if the service dept will be open? I'm curious about that. I suspect they would.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I inquired with Porsche in Atlanta about my delivery. They said my car as well as others at the port will be shipped. I guess it should be here in three or four weeks. If yours is produced, it should be on the way. No delay on shipping as far as the virus is concerned.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I inquired with Porsche in Atlanta about my delivery. They said my car as well as others at the port will be shipped. I guess it should be here in three or four weeks. If yours is produced, it should be on the way. No delay on shipping as far as the virus is concerned.
That is good news for you all with cars ready at port .. mine just entered body shop on Mar 11th.. probably stuck some where on the line until the factory is fired back up again

21 - 40 of 55 Posts