Taycan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Taycan arrived to Emden port on 9/8 and it is scheduled to be on the Vessel (Siem Cicero) on 9/10. I just checked that the vessel left port 20h ago with destination to Baltimore (9/21). When I checked "Track my Dream" the last status available is "arrive to Emden port" on 9/8 but the car is supposed to be on the vessel already based on the date (9/10).

Does anyone has experience update delays like this with "Track my Dream"?
Thanks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My Taycan arrived to Emden port on 9/8 and it is scheduled to be on the Vessel (Siem Cicero) on 9/10. I just checked that the vessel left port 20h ago with destination to Baltimore (9/21). When I checked "Track my Dream" the last status available is "arrive to Emden port" on 9/8 but the car is supposed to be on the vessel already based on the date (9/10).

Thanks.
Lucky you! my TrackYourDream estimate is that my Taycan will sit at the port for 3 weeks before loading on a ship.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lucky you! my TrackYourDream estimate is that my Taycan will sit at the port for 3 weeks before loading on a ship.
Is your Taycan on a vessel right now or at the port already? mine is on the vessel (Siem Cicero) that left 1 day and my "track a dream" has the arrival at the port in Baltimore for 9/24 and arrival to the dealer in Florida for 10/1 which is about a week in a truck. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know, I missed read your text. Mine was like that as well after arrival to Emden port and suddenly changed. So don't be surprised if the happen to you as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
149 Posts
You know, I missed read your text. Mine was like that as well after arrival to Emden port and suddenly changed. So don't be surprised if the happen to you as well. Good luck.
I am in my 2nd 1 week delay in finishing the build, now estimated to be 17 Sept. Some unfortunate things have been happening here, so some good luck there would be nice. Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am in my 2nd 1 week delay in finishing the build, now estimated to be 17 Sept. Some unfortunate things have been happening here, so some good luck there would be nice. Thanks.
In my experience the real time in the Port of Emden before getting in the vessel is updated once the Taycan arrives to the port. My initial expected time in the port of Emden was like a couple of weeks and it was only 2 days once it got there. I hope this help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello, you said "Lucky You" well, I just found out my Taycan never left Emden port as "TMD" was reflecting. My salesman just told me it is now scheduled to get in a vessel by October 1. As you can see, I am joining your club!!!.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hello, you said "Lucky You" well, I just found out my Taycan never left Emden port as "TMD" was reflecting. My salesman just told me it is now scheduled to get in a vessel by October 1. As you can see, I am joining your club!!!.
ThackYourDream claims my Taycan 4 CT is now built and on its way to Emden Port, scheduled to be on a ship on 8 Oct. So, it is a bit ahead of the twice delayed schedule.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Wonderful!! That's a good news. Hopefully soon.
I’ll take what ever good news they send. One thing that is odd is that they estimate that the ship arrives in the port channel and docks and unloads and sends the car off to the dealer all on the same day, but that it will take a week for the 25 minute drive from the port to the dealer. All pervious estimates had from port channel to dealer on the same day.

But then again, different pages in the my.porsche hierarchy say different things too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’ll take what ever good news they send. One thing that is odd is that they estimate that the ship arrives in the port channel and docks and unloads and sends the car off to the dealer all on the same day, but that it will take a week for the 25 minute drive from the port to the dealer. All pervious estimates had from port channel to dealer on the same day.

But then again, different pages in the my.porsche hierarchy say different things too.
What is the other site you use to search as well? I am curious to see mine in that other search app?

·
Registered
149 Posts
What is the other site you use to search as well? I am curious to see mine in that other search app?
The ‘other’ place is my.porsche.com which uses the same email ID and password. In my case my.porsche says: “Your vehicle is now scheduled for production” the next step being “Your vehicle has been produced” and after that is “Your vehicle is on its way to you.” Not really in line with the trackyourdream page claiming that it is in transit to Emden Port. my.porsche links to trackyourdream with a button right below this timeline. The trackyourdream page has a header with a link to my.porsche which you get to by selection Home, indicating that trackyourdream is under the my.porsche hierarchy.

The fact that these pages are not in sync does make me think about the posts on this forum complaining about Porsche’s IT expertise.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks.
My car was on Siem Cicero as well back in late January/early February. If you do a search for Siem Cicero you will find a couple of websites that track cargo ships, tankers, etc. and Siem Cicero will show up on the map. I was able to follow the progress of Siem Cicero across the Atlantic to Baltimore, Florida and finally Houston.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My car was on Siem Cicero as well back in late January/early February. If you do a search for Siem Cicero you will find a couple of websites that track cargo ships, tankers, etc. and Siem Cicero will show up on the map. I was able to follow the progress of Siem Cicero across the Atlantic to Baltimore, Florida and finally Houston.
Thank you very much for your advise. Unfortunately "Track your Dream" was not accurate and my Taycan never left Emden in Siem Cicero, in fact, it is still in the port awaiting for the next ship. I did find those tracking sites but I must have to wait until my Taycan is indeed in one of them :cry:.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts