Waiting for developments about this new Taycan, I couldn't help but notice how much the EV space is growing, obvious to some but wasn't to me till recent. Thus, there a lot about the Taycan we don't know that will impact our current expectations, taking it well beyond what we can imagine. As these developments happen, including them under one topic header should help everyone understand where Porsche is coming from and what they're up to.
- Recently these production developments were announced:
- over 32,000 employees world wide as of Q1 2019 (influenced by Taycan development)
- 1,000 more to be sourced for Taycan development for a total of 1,500
- Porsche has committed to dedicating as many resources as possible to meet quality and demand requirements
- annually, up to 40,000 units are expected and could grow!