Taycan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm definitely late to the party on this but, I finally read up on what the Taycan name means and it's pretty fascinating.

Composed of two terms of Turkic origin, this word can be roughly translated as “soul of a spirited young horse.” I can only imagine how much time and effort went into picking this name since it blends so many elements of Porsche together.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks for the graphic. I had not taken the time to find out why Porsche chose the Taycan name -- now I know.

That said, I would have preferred a "real" name instead of a name like this one that was probably devised by some ad agency. I've never liked Lincoln cars, but they have strong names, like "Navigator" "Continental" etc. Porsche Monsoon or something along those lines would have been cooler IMO...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the graphic. I had not taken the time to find out why Porsche chose the Taycan name -- now I know.

That said, I would have preferred a "real" name instead of a name like this one that was probably devised by some ad agency. I've never liked Lincoln cars, but they have strong names, like "Navigator" "Continental" etc. Porsche Monsoon or something along those lines would have been cooler IMO...
Monsoon would be a big name change for Porsche. Personally I like that they stayed with their traditional naming scheme. I think it suits Porsche nicely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts