Taycan Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of the current Taycan owners set up the homelink system on their cars? It's been pretty straight forward on all the vehicles I've owned but I've been hearing about people having trouble with the Taycan. It's not a dealbreaker for me but I want to make sure I know what I'm getting myself into.

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
I live in an apartment building and am having a difficult time syncing Homelink to my garage gate. No issues with my two previous Porsche, 2018 Cayman and 2019 Boxster GTS. No idea what the issue might be.

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
I gave up on the homelink, the taycan version requires too much input on every use. I find the good old remote to be simpler to use.
I've come to the same conclusion.

· Premium Member
2021 Taycan 4S
1,081 Posts
No Issue here; very straight forward.
Glad to hear you were able to get it to work. My problem is I live in an apartment building with gate which makes syncing much more difficult. Its easier to just use my apartment key fob.

· Registered
68 Posts
Have any of the current Taycan owners set up the homelink system on their cars? It's been pretty straight forward on all the vehicles I've owned but I've been hearing about people having trouble with the Taycan. It's not a dealbreaker for me but I want to make sure I know what I'm getting myself into.
No problems except you have to bring it up on the screen each time you approach home. That’s a pain if you’re listening to the radio. It’s the last “button” on the list and you have to swipe up until it shows. Also as your backing out if you want to use it the you cut off the rear video.

· Registered
310 Posts
No problems except you have to bring it up on the screen each time you approach home. That’s a pain if you’re listening to the radio. It’s the last “button” on the list and you have to swipe up until it shows. Also as your backing out if you want to use it the you cut off the rear video.
I have mine set to work from the diamond on the steering wheel, but the car complains on every use that the diamond on the dash is also set for homelink. Like many of you, mine is intermittent. Sometimes it works on the first push, sometimes the 5th, sometimes not at all, so also like amny of you, I have a standard garage clicker on the visor and tend to use it just because it is easier.

My car just went in for service due to other warning messages, and this issue is on the list of things to check. I was warned that they are not sure if they can properly check this feature.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.