Taycan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Porsche has announced an increased range for Taycan GTS of more than 100 km (WLTP in the city 625 km) due to software optimizations compared to for instance the Taycan RWD w performance battery plus (WLTP in the city 521 km).

is this something we can expect to come as a software upgrade also for all the other models sometime soon?

·
Registered
90 Posts
While I'd really love to believe this I have only read that the GTS will have a range of 500 kilometers (310 miles) on the WLTP cycle, which is about 20 (12 miles) kilometers more than the current Taycan with the performance battery. In fact It will be the first Taycan to break the 500km barrier.

Can u post a link to the source? A range increase of 100km seems impossible given the current battery but I could be totally wrong.

·
Registered
2012 Cayenne S | 2020 Taycan Turbo
56 Posts
While I'd really love to believe this I have only read that the GTS will have a range of 500 kilometers (310 miles) on the WLTP cycle, which is about 20 (12 miles) kilometers more than the current Taycan with the performance battery. In fact It will be the first Taycan to break the 500km barrier.

Can u post a link to the source? A range increase of 100km seems impossible given the current battery but I could be totally wrong.
The recent Porsche Press Release only claims "more than 500km" range. Here's a link to that press release

If there's another info source for the claim of 625km range, I'd sure like to see a link for that posted here. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The recent Porsche Press Release only claims "more than 500km" range. Here's a link to that press release

If there's another info source for the claim of 625km range, I'd sure like to see a link for that posted here. :)
If you check out the Porsche websites in Europe (e.g. Germany) the city range of up to 625 km is stated there.

Click on ”Technische daten”

The strange thing is that the city range for a Taycan RWD is only 521 km w Performance battery plus som there’s a huge difference there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts