Taycan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick heads up to all Taycan drivers. Just experienced full power loss on freeway. Luckily was in L lane so could pull over to verge. Would've been different if in one of the center lanes.

2020 4S that's spent 40 days at service center since November. Duds happen - still love the car.

I understand from the NHTSA that this is the 11th similar incident reported for the Taycan.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is very dangerous. Did the car have any power at all so that you could pull over or did you coast to the shoulder?

Also, 40 days in the shop already? I’m reading too many Taycan stories about extended times in the shop and not looking forward to possibly using the lemon law for mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is very dangerous. Did the car have any power at all so that you could pull over or did you coast to the shoulder?

Also, 40 days in the shop already? I’m reading too many Taycan stories about extended times in the shop and not looking forward to possibly using the lemon law for mine.
Managed to coast - zero drive but enough power for display and error message.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Managed to coast - zero drive but enough power for display and error message.
So, a complete and instantaneous loss of motor power. That’s the worst case. They’d better figure this problem out very quickly.

Porsche just can’t seem to get technology. I learned that with our 2019 Cayenne which has had some technology issues, but I still got a 2021 Taycan. My Taycan has some real technology issues. This comes to mind in my case: “Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.”

·
Registered
102 Posts
Never experienced any problems with my Porsches – the Taycan Turbo is my 6th now.

However, the dealer last week updated my power train software, wasn't even aware. Never had a problem like mentioned in the threat.
It seems they "silently" now fixing sth. Just found out because I know the service guy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have my Turbos S for almost a year now. Absolutely no problems. Love the car. Brought my car in for the update. Got it back in 3 days no issues. I had a Mercedes GT AMG and had all kinds of problems. Got a full refund under the Lemon Law. I guess you just have to be lucky.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had full power loss today on a busy road, I was trapped between 2 lorries and was the most frightening experience of my life. I have had my car for almost a year now and have asked Porsche to give me a price to sell it, I don’t want to be the first fatality!
My car is dangerous and I would hate somebody else to buy it but Porsche seem not to care.
The car has so many problems to list but a few other major ones are the central PCM is always turning itself off and then back on, whilst on a motorway the car put itself into speed limit maximum 60mph whilst I was overtaking on a motorway doing over 70mph.
I’ve ordered an electric Macan but now having second thoughts.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have had full power loss today on a busy road, I was trapped between 2 lorries and was the most frightening experience of my life. I have had my car for almost a year now and have asked Porsche to give me a price to sell it, I don’t want to be the first fatality!
My car is dangerous and I would hate somebody else to buy it but Porsche seem not to care.
The car has so many problems to list but a few other major ones are the central PCM is always turning itself off and then back on, whilst on a motorway the car put itself into speed limit maximum 60mph whilst I was overtaking on a motorway doing over 70mph.
I’ve ordered an electric Macan but now having second thoughts.
This seems to be the problem that led to the recall announced today.

Smitty11 replied to a discussion you are following at 2021 Taycan recall
Porsche just announced a recall for 43,000 Taycans. Porsche is Recalling 43,000 Taycan and Taycan Cross Turismos

·
Super Moderator
2021 Taycan 4S
775 Posts
Have my Turbos S for almost a year now. Absolutely no problems. Love the car. Brought my car in for the update. Got it back in 3 days no issues. I had a Mercedes GT AMG and had all kinds of problems. Got a full refund under the Lemon Law. I guess you just have to be lucky.
So far so good for my 2021 4S. Hopefully, it will stay that way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts