Taycan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Taycan owner here!

I finally figured out how to utilize the 3yr free 30-min charging feature. Here are the steps:

1- Download both the Porsche Connect & Charging apps
2- Register your car on Porsche connect & provide your payment info (don't worry you will not be charged as long as you stick to the charging limitations provided by Porsche)
3- Use the charging app to locate a charging station (proximity or whatever). Also use the app to choose the power (150kw, 350kw, etc...) and plug type (Combo, CHAdeMO, etc...). The charging app shows you the number and availability of the chargers that you requested at the specified location
4- Once you arrive at your charger, use the charging app to choose the location and the charger that your are at (For example: DS-1, DS-2, etc...). See images #3 & 4 for examples. The names or numbers should be on the charger itself. This is very important
5- Once you pick the charger you are at from the app you should see a screen that looks like image #5
5- Plug in the cable into the car
6- The charger will ask for billing information. Use the "Order for a fee" button on the charging app to start charging. The charger should respond with a screen like image #1
7- As the screen says, billing will only occur if you exceed 30 mins. With NO WARNING. So be careful to stop it before or just at 30 mins if you do not want to pay
8- While charging you can monitor the battery in your car (Image #2). Or you can use the Connect App to track battery charge and charging time

Free free to ask any questions please. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
New Taycan owner here!

I finally figured out how to utilize the 3yr free 30-min charging feature. Here are the steps:

2- Register your car on Porsche connect & provide your payment info (don't worry you will not be charged as long as you stick to the charging limitations provided by Porsche)
3- Use the charging app to locate a charging station (proximity or whatever). Also use the app to choose the power (150kw, 350kw, etc...) and plug type (Combo, CHAdeMO, etc...). The charging app shows you the number and availability of the chargers that you requested at the specified location
4- Once you arrive at your charger, use the charging app to choose the location and the charger that your are at (For example: DS-1, DS-2, etc...). See images #3 & 4 for examples. The names or numbers should be on the charger itself. This is very important
5- Once you pick the charger you are at from the app you should see a screen that looks like image #5
6- The charger will ask for billing information. Use the "Order for a fee" button on the charging app to start charging. The charger should respond with a screen like image #1
7- As the screen says, billing will only occur if you exceed 30 mins. With NO WARNING. So be careful to stop it before or just at 30 mins if you do not want to pay
8- While charging you can monitor the battery in your car (Image #2). Or you can use the Connect App to track battery charge and charging time

Hi Ahmed:
I posted a question about free charging just before finding your post.
How does Electrify America recognize your Porsche Connect app? Is there any confirmation?
Thanks, KLHTaycan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ahmed:
I posted a question about free charging just before finding your post.
How does Electrify America recognize your Porsche Connect app? Is there any confirmation?
Thanks, KLHTaycan
It actually does not recognize the "Porsche Connect" app. It recognizes the Charging app however. So when you locate the charger that you have plugged into the car on the charging app (see screen #3 & #4 for guidance), then click the "Order for a fee" button (shown in screen #5), the app seem to notify the charger that this is a Taycan eligible for the discount!
When this happens you see Screen #1 on the charger and charging starts

Does this make sense?

·
Registered
59 Posts
It actually does not recognize the "Porsche Connect" app. It recognizes the Charging app however. So when you locate the charger that you have plugged into the car on the charging app (see screen #3 & #4 for guidance), then click the "Order for a fee" button (shown in screen #5), the app seem to notify the charger that this is a Taycan eligible for the discount!
When this happens you see Screen #1 on the charger and charging starts

Does this make sense?
Hi Ahmed: Thanks....I will give it a try. Did you notice that there are two connect apps for download from the App Store, one called simply "Connect", and another called "Porsche Connect"...can be confusing.
My dealer says to ignore the "Porsche Connect" app.
Thanks for the response.
KLHTaycan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Ahmed: Thanks....I will give it a try. Did you notice that there are two connect apps for download from the App Store, one called simply "Connect", and another called "Porsche Connect"...can be confusing.
My dealer says to ignore the "Porsche Connect" app.
Thanks for the response.
KLHTaycan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Very confusing. Just saw this also after my post. Where is the charging app? I have Porsche connect but it isn't helpful. Has anyone done a Utube video on how to do it - like Porsche who has made it crazy confusing!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very confusing. Just saw this also after my post. Where is the charging app? I have Porsche connect but it isn't helpful. Has anyone done a Utube video on how to do it - like Porsche who has made it crazy confusing!
Yeah. You need the Porsche Charging App to trigger the charging station to use the Taycan charging plan as I describe above. Here is a link to the iPhone app: ‎Charging

I am almost sure there is an Android version of it

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Taycan owner here!

Sorry I am a chick, the steps aren't clear to me still on what point do you use "Charging" app for Electrify to recognize your information from Charging app? Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
2021 taycan 4s
154 Posts
Sorry I am a chick, the steps aren't clear to me still on what point do you use "Charging" app for Electrify to recognize your information from Charging app? Thank you in advance for your help.
a chick? really?
do you own a taycan? if yes then the process should have been part of your delivery process.
to go over it quickly you need to install the charging NA app, the porsche app. you need to set up your car in the porsche app then link the charge NA app to the porsche account. then on arrival at a charger you can use the charge NA app to initiate a charge session instead of plug and charge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My membership for Electrify Canada says it expires after only a year. Does it renew automatically every year for the next 2 additional years?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts